World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squad Training Room

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Squad Training Room - Page 2 Empty Re: Squad Training Room

Post by Snuggles2 Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:01 am

Nola watched as she sent him skidding back and once again she had the surprised look on her face, he seemed okay but she was worried she might have hurt him, and when he pointed to his arm she could tell she did hit him, though she was surprised by his statement that she was stronger and faster then him "th...that..that can't be right...i...I'm not very strong or anything...." she said as she looked rather unsure of that statement from him. It was like saying she belonged in squad eleven, even she knew she didn't belong in that group of heavy hitters.

When he brought the second sword and dropped into a stance she looked at him and watched as he explained and demonstrated it to her, it seemed to make sense, thought the stance was meant for normal swords, she wondered if she could even use such a stance with her large heavy blades? he even said it was meant to deal an unnoticeable blow...but how unnoticed could her large swords really become even with a stance? ether way he said for her to try to attack him again, this time he was going to show her how it worked defensively.

With a gulp and a sigh she moved back to a good position and then got ready again, she wasn't to sure how this stance would work for her but again he had said if she seen it work she might understand, so she once again leaped forward and once again it was faster then normal she also took a good swing with her weapon, not any harder then she normally would for training after all she didn't want to hurt him.
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier. S Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:21 am

Seeing her come this time he used the forward blade to block her swing, it was strong like before but he could manage as he actually took a step forward and spun, as he spun the blade behind him touched her leg. The most alarming part of this was that he didn't do a full spin, a full spin could in fact dismember someone as he stood right next to her with his back to her. Glancing to her he tapped her leg a few times as he stayed in that posture to give a more detailed approach to it.

"As you can see I barely did a full spin but I could hit your leg, remember this is just moving your middle body, no need to swing your back sword at all actually...so even when using your heavy weapons you can actually use this stance/technique with out much problem as you move in to block then turn around them fully or half way...adjust the height of your back weapon for what you wish to cut, since you use heavy weapons aim it low for the legs to make your opponent slower..."

"If you get better at handling them try keeping it level with your waist, this will aim for the small of there back...just this adjustment can cut the spine and potentially cripple someone or kill them, I hope you dont have to do this but it will work in your favor if you need to do so...just remember, if you aim mid then do what I did, go half way to cripple them, turning fully..."

He then went fully with his back blade at her leg as he ended up directly behind her and raised the weapon a bit, she would go off balance and possibly fall over since it would be just a wooden weapon but he was there to catch her if she fell over.

"It would cut, now I'll show you aggressively how to use it...and this is probably something you will enjoy doing at your small height, are you ready?"
Xavier. S
Xavier. S
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Xavier Vonzell
Title: Senior Squad Member
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuggles2 Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:55 am

Nola wasn't surprised when he managed to not only block her attack but actually move forward, she wasn't strong, even after having told her she was stronger and faster he was till able to do that, her heart sank a little as she felt him tapping her leg with the other wooden sword he was using, every tap like a silent taunt to her mind and she let out a bit of a defeated sigh.

As he went on to explain she listened it did seem like a good style but again she wasn't sure she could use it, she was after all weak in comparison to him, this kinda proved it too, she doubted she could ever wield her weapons one handed with this kind of skill, but she listened anyway not wanting his time to seem wasted on her, though in the back of her mind she was thinking that maybe it was...he could be getting stronger and more skilled in the time he was taking to talk to her and train her, Maybe she was just holding him back by having him help her?

She nearly missed the other part of the lecture though she did listen to what he had to say it was important to remember if she ever decided to use this in the tournament, though she found that the style she used....while haphazard and well..unique was...well not very stylish she knew what it was meant to do but really it looked like thrashing around to others. She then looked at her trainer....well she tried to but then he went on with his lecture and his motion made her lose her balance and she fell towards him, and once again she felt like it was some silent taunting, in the back of her mind it seemed like that, after he had just told her she was more then likely faster and stronger then him, she had to keep reminding herself that Xavier wasn't that mean a person.
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier. S Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:02 am

Though he was talking to her he noticed Nola wasn't saying much back, he knew she was shy but she had forgotten to say yes or no to his question. Letting her stand he put his wooden swords away or better yet on the sash around his waist, and asked her a simple question.

"Nola, are you okay?...you seem to be a bit lost and distant, did I do something to make you feel bad?..."

He asked with a caring tone, he really didn't want to seem like a bad teacher or anything, if anything he had given instruction to more than a few squad mates but he knew Nola was special and he had to treat her with respect and positive attention.
Xavier. S
Xavier. S
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuggles2 Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:48 am

Nola looked at him when he helped her to her feet, his question made her think a moment on if he HAD done anything to make her feel bad...really...he might not have meant to make her feel bad when she did them but at the same time it was confusing "ww...w...well it's just..y..you sa...said I was p..probably f....faster..a...and stronger then you...b..but you m...managed to pu...push me back so easily..a..and then to get that strike in..." she stammered as she answered.

"I...well..i..I couldn't he..help but feel that..m..maybe I wasn't as fast and strong as you said...i..I mean if..if I was s..should I ..h..have been able to not get hit?" granted she wasn't taking into account that more then likely Xavier had FAR more combat experience then she ever would have considering her squad and how they did things, in fact that never even crossed her mind as she stood there with him looking at the floor now.
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier. S Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:06 am

Seeing the problem and how sh was interpreting things now he had to explain a bit as to why this like this, but he knew what he said was true, just for her it would be a more or learning experience. After all, a horse can be as fast as a car but if that horse doesn't have a rider to tame it it will simply run on its own with out no motivation or will to become what it can be.

Going over to her he bent down a bit and actually sat down under her, making her eyes now gaze towards is own instead of the floors as he said. "I wasn't wrong when I sad you are faser and stronger than me, its just my technique is better...tell me, when you normally fight do you just swing your swords? If so then it makes it easyer for someone thats weaker to beat you..."

"I know you must be confused but I'll explain, the reason why I was able to take a step forward was leverage...your smaller than me, very much smaller than me, making it hard for you to push me however you have higher strength so you can easily do so If I don't guard...now when I clashed with you I leaned over you, since your smaller and I'm bigger I used my weight as well to help bear don on your sword, giving me leverage..."

"Then I separated from that leverage and made a simple move, just turning, since you were so close you couldn't evade properly unless you used your other sword...either way I just used techniques over your strength is all, it might look like I was lying but what I say is true...you just need to learn how to use your strength in a more stylized manner instead of a simple attacking manner...and sorry again for all that, if you like we could break a bit to talk?..."

Showing that he was sorry he tried to give her another option, maybe he didn't teach her correctly and if thats the case he would need to revise the way he did things.
Xavier. S
Xavier. S
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuggles2 Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:28 pm

Nola listened once more as he continued his lecture though she started blushing when he lowered himself down so she was looking into her eyes "s...sorry..." she stammered as she thought of his question "umm...t..the way I n..normally fight I...I use the weight of my swords, an...and Kido to..to help me in combat..." she sat down so that he wouldn't be in that awkward position anymore and looked at him.

The leverage thing made sense, when he mentioned using her other sword she looked at the one sword she had "but..y..you only gave me the one training sword?" she said looking at him then she realized he meant if she had been using her normal swords and if it was a real fight. so she blushed a bit "oh...y...you meant if..i..it was a real fight." when he asked if she would like a break she thought about it and shook her head "I..I'm fine..w..if..umm..if you want w..we can..t..talk af...after the training..".
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier. S Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:15 pm

Nodding to her response about it being in case she was in a real fight he scratched the back of his head, he knew to be more clear with her now as well as give her time to do what she wished as well. "No need for sorry, Nola, I have to apologize for not being as clear before, as well as not giving you better instruction...but lets not dwell on sorry's for now, lets get back to work..."

Soon standing up he gave her one of his sword leaving him with one, "Now I want you to show me the stance I did on you, my swing might give me leverage but I want you to put your strength into blocking me okay?...since you have more than me it should clash and cancel one another out, in that moment it should be your chance to attack...we can try this or what ever you like for the next few minutes, sound okay?"
Xavier. S
Xavier. S
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuggles2 Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Nola looked at the ground again "n..no it...it's my failing as a student...a...and.,." she was about to say sorry but he had already said no more sorry's so she only looked to him when he stood up she did as well, she didn't want him to think his time training her was all a waste, she wanted to learn something, or at least show she was improving at the very least.

When he handed her the second sword she nodded a bit as she took it, then she moved back and dropped into the stance he had shown her "l...like this?" she asked, very unused to the stance, after all she couldn't hold ether of her large blades in a reverse hold like she was with the training sword, but she wanted to learn it just in case someday she may be able to.
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier. S Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:59 pm

"Hmm, a bit off with your footing, for you...since your so small you don't have to bend your knee's, its more so optional...keep your guard up and don't bother thinking about the back blade, just block my attack with your dominate blade and turn around, simple as that"

Making sure her stance was fine a bit by pointing out that one flaw she did the rest perfectly nd now she seemingly was ready, but eh couldn't attack till she was confident she could do it. "Ready for me? and your not a failure, never say that you are..." He said with a warm smile, showing how much he really didn't look at her in that manner as he cared about her progress more than downfall.
Xavier. S
Xavier. S
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuggles2 Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:12 am

Nola blushed as he mentioned the correction she needed to make in her stance and she did so, shifting her stance, though when told not to think of the back blade, she couldn't help BUT to think of it now, her mind trying to figure out how she could EVER use that kind of grip on her own swords, both of them where far larger then these weapons, but she tried to focus on her front blade instead.

After she corrected her stance he asked if she was ready and she nodded, her mind going through the motion, he told her to aim for the leg and to basically turn rather then swing, it was an odd instruction but he had said it was what worked, and she set herself to try this move he had been willing to teach her.
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier. S Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:47 pm

With a simple lunge he nearly jumped at her, but of course he eased back to not try and just blow past her defenses. Lifting his wooden sword up he bring it down in an over head swing aiming for her head, however as he did so he was careful of hitting her on the noggin. So if in the event she didn't or wouldn't be able to block it his sword would stop a few inches from the point of impact, he had enough control and power to hold back and really there are reasons why you need to hold back sometimes.
Xavier. S
Xavier. S
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuggles2 Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Nola Meeped as she seen him coming and as he swung down she remembered what he said about the stance so she used her main sword to try and block his swing, however rather then a nice smooth controlled swing she basically took a hard swing with it due to her panicking, the wooden training sword a blur as she smashed it against his own training blade.

She then followed up with a rapid spin the second training blade hooking under Xavier's leg and she pulled, she had meant to tap his leg like he had done to her, but again her panic made her move faster then she meant to, and more then likely she would be taking his leg out from under him and tripping him up, if he didn't catch himself anyway
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier. S Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 pm

Smiling a bit he was happy to see her block his attack with force, that was good, but as she spun around him as he thought she was moving a lot quicker as if fearful or running on instinct. Her blade sweeped his leg from under him and even as he tried to right his balance he feel on his back, scratching his head a bit as he looked up at her.

"Very nice, though you didn't have to o all the way haha~..."

Laughing it off he began to get up, he was quick enough to shift his balance so he wouldn't fall on top of her which was fortunate but still she learned how to do it perfectly.

"So do you see how you should do this little technique? and did you feel the resistance on my leg when you sweeped it?..."

The resistance was actually zero or about 20% that is, she was still fairly stronger but he fact that it took nothing but a spin was the most notable thing.
Xavier. S
Xavier. S
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuggles2 Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:23 am

Nola meeped as the training sword she was using struck Xavier's sword and cracked, then she heard him fall over and she spun around and meeped a bit "s...so..sorry...w..when you a..attacked like that..i..i just reacted..." she said sheepishly as she hugged the two training swords she was holding "a...and I..I'm nt use..t..to moving like that...".

when he asked her if she understood she nodded "I...I think I get it..b..but I am still wondering how...how I can use it when I have such large Zanpakuto" she looked over at the two swords, easily large enough for her to hide behind, and tried to figure out how the move would work using them
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier. S Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:09 pm

"I''m fine, no need for apologies haha...as for holding your weapons well that is something I stated before hand, remember? When your using them your building strength, I want you to build up your strength by like lifting weights or things of that nature..."

"The stronger you are normally the heavier the weapon you can hold with out much trouble...Its the reason why were separating the power aspects of your training from the skill aspects to improve your ability when you are capable of using them...."

Rubbing his back a bit he really did hit the floor hard, too bad they don't have padded floor panels, just a simple low friction mat.

"Now for my net lesson, go pick up your swords, I don't think you will be able to control your above average strength while we fight so best to do it with something your familiar with...meet me outside when your ready"

Putting his almost broken sword on the rack he picked up his own zanpakuto and made his way outside, they cant use bladed weapons while in doors but outside would be perfect for the next lesson.
Xavier. S
Xavier. S
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuggles2 Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:51 am

Hearing what he wanted her to do she nodded a bit, but she honestly didn't know if she could ever get strong enough to use those two heavy weapons as effortlessly as the training swords, but she would give it a try after all he was asking her to train, and she didn't want it to seem a waste "o..okay I..I'll try that.."

She listened as he continued, and it did make some sense, this was to prepare her for when she COULD lift the swords, well...if that was the case she would do her best to hopefully be able to show him how well she was doing later "Ah...O....Okay I understnad" she said with a smile and a nod.

when he mentioned grabbing her swords she looked at them a moment then nodded as she put her training swords back and hefted the large Zanpakuto's onto her back, in the cross pattern she usually carried them in, nearly tipping over when she got them back on, but with a bit of effort she managed to get to her feet fully and follow Xavier out.
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier. S Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:21 am

Waiting for his smaller companion he looked up at the sky, today seemed like a fairly calm day with not to many disturbances and things of that nature. However he wasn't aware of the many forces working right now to gain dominance over other larger powers, or even to better themselves with not so mundane arts. Though in the back of his mind he knew things of that nature were happening, but bringing his head out of the clouds he focused on helping his friend learn a few things.

"Okay, now we will be having a small spare with your normal weapons...however I want you to use the weapons weight to push your attacks instead of you doing much work to push against them. So say if you make a over head swing and I block it, the best way to follow up is to hold your weapon steady and let the weight of them bare down on me to make me more exhausted in the long run...understand?"
Xavier. S
Xavier. S
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuggles2 Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:42 am

Nola got outside with Xavier, it was a nice day and she wondered what else she should get up to today, though the question would have to wait for now as she was training with Xavier, a nice activity in and of itself she thought, and she blushed a bit at that, then she looked over to him as she followed a bit.

When he started talking she listened nodding, though the way he told her to use her Zanpakuto's was different then what she had been told before, but she guessed it made some sense, though with the fighting tactics she had been thinking up with the heavy weapons she wondered if what he was telling her would fit in? then again that's what training was for wasn't it? "okay Xavier" she said as she nodded and she drew her swords.
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier. S Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:47 pm

With a nod he soon curled around Nola, being sure to spot any flaws in her balance and the way she was positioning her feet and zanpakuto's. He did find an opening but he didn't abuse it, right now he aimed for a sideways assault as he dashed forward and aimed to strike horizontally with a swiping swing of his katana like sword. He was at a good enough range to try and hit her with out repercussion but her large swords could possibly knock him away if he wasn't careful.
Xavier. S
Xavier. S
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuggles2 Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:32 pm

Nola waited for him to come at her, keeping an Eye on him, her swords held to her sides but down due to there weight the blades resting on the ground, she was used to resting them like this, they where not actually fully resting on the ground, she was actually holding them up just enough for the blades to be lightly touching.

When he came at her she raised one sword and slammed it against the ground, the sword farthest from him, and used the momentum and weight to flip herself up and over the sword away from Xavier, rotating her hand on the Pommel of the Large Zanpakuto she landed back on her feet with her other sword positioned so that it acted like a shield in case he went after her, the one that she slammed into the ground now moved back to her side again.
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier. S Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Xavier expected her to defend in some form or manner but the way she did was something he hadn't seen befroe as she used her weapons to do it by adding force to her evasion. Smiling as she was now a bit away from him but keeping her guard up he scratched his head a bit.

"Very nice, I never expected you to do that actually..."

He complemented in a non-sarcastic tone, rushing to her again he aimed this time of a horizontal sing, this time arched around so that he would end up hitting her, with the back of his blade mind you, if she tried that once again. Careful not to really hurt her but also place pressure on her too so she wouldn't feel to safe around his attacks.
Xavier. S
Xavier. S
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuggles2 Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:50 pm

Nola blushed when he complemented her and she looked away for a moment "th...thank you...b..but li...like I..s..said..i...I had..t..to think..o...of a new way to fi...fight wi....with how..h..heavy my Z..Zanpakuto's are..." she looked back and got back into her defensive stance the sword in front of her being held a bit tighter now.

Seeing him coming at her again she grasped her sword tightly, and lifted herself up onto the large Broadsword the blade sinking into the ground a bit and took a hard swing with the bastard sword but as she did she visibly relaxed her body the large heavy swords swung up and carried the little Nola and her other sword up and over Xavier to land behind him her sword once more raised in defense
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier. S Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Seeing that his slash was evaded once again and left him fairly open to a counter attack which if this was a real fight he would come out of it pretty hurt if she chose to clash him across the back. Turning around as she took up a more defensive roll instead of attacking hi head on he scratched his head, he could tell she was using her body to help propel herself threw the area with the help from her swords.

"Your pretty evasive, thats good, if you were not being defensive then you would have gotten me twice...lets try in the air now, as you know most fights take place in the sky, with 360 degrees of travel you'll have to get used to the unexpected..."

Floating up into the air now he offered his hand to her to take her up with him, best not to waist energy trying to come up with her swords.

Xavier. S
Xavier. S
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuggles2 Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Nola blushed a bit as he complimented her again, it wasn't that she was being defensive...well okay she was...it's just...she was a healer...she couldn't think of swinging her swords at an ally even in training, not her real Zanpakuto's anyway she wasn't sure she would be able to stop the momentum, "th...thank you..." she stammered out, then when he mentioned going into the air she nodded, she was about to go up herself when she seen him offering his hand....

She really couldn't take his hand with her swords drawn so she put them both away and gently grasped his hand letting him help her into the air, she had tried her style out in the air as well and it actually lent itself well to it but not as well as on ground or a surface. and once her feet left the ground she could feel it. both her Zanpakuto got heavier more then Likely Xavier could feel it too, this was the main reason her style didn't work so well in the air.
Snuggles2
Snuggles2
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next