World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The story of Reflection. :*~* The Goddess of the Hollow*~* (Zero's Tale)

2 posters

Go down

The story of Reflection. :*~* The Goddess of the Hollow*~* (Zero's Tale) Empty The story of Reflection. :*~* The Goddess of the Hollow*~* (Zero's Tale)

Post by Setoku Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:39 pm

Chapter One: Salvo

It was dark, cold. Nothing moved, nothing made a sound. This was her life, in a nutshell. She was a Shinamori, the strongest of the "Family." The Princess of Hollow-kind, and his Goddess. She never understood what he meant by that, she was a goddess of nothing, nor a princess. Why her brother always came up with such titles she was unsure.

"Setoku-niisama. The flea. You always thought you knew me... But... do I know me...?"

She spoke to no one, not even out loud. What had it taken to get so far...? To become Zero of the undying breed of Espada? Life was so much simpler, back then, before Lyonin came. Back when her decisions were guided, not self thought. Back before he became the king, before she fell in love... Back, when she was merely a 'Hand of Shadow.'

:~: Eons earlier, unknown time, somewhere in the Wastes of Hueco Mundo.:~:

"Where am I?"

The wolf-like creature spoke, she had a lilthe form, and considering her thin body and soft dull brown skin features, in life, she must of been beautiful. From her lower back, a gray tail ran, atop her head, were two ears of a wolf. She lacked the basic features of a beast, having a more human form. wore no sword at her side, no white clothing. She was a mere Devouring Beast. Nothing more, nothing less. She had just returned from Kyoto, and her mind was a whirl of emotions. She brought her small hands up, placing them atop her stomach as she gazed at the endless dark sky above. The moon, was as if a mirror image, hanging backwards in the sky above. It's sickle shape always causing a discomfort in her heart, and she was never sure why. This was her first time heading back to the real world to 'feed', devour humans. Not too long ago, she was one herself, before she took on this somewhat weird appearance. Was she supposed to be a monster? She looked like some sort of 'cute' beast those weird humans obsessed over - Her face contorted into a frown, but it wasn't seen due to the white mask that covered it. It had a distinctive canine shape, which lead her to think.... no, assume at least, she was a wolf. Every other beast here had animal traits, she noted. But she seemed to have very little, beyond the mask, the tail, and the furry ears. Would she be stuck in this form forever? She didn't even have vicious talons like everyone else! And she knew that would make her target. But of what...?

"What am I...?"

She again spoke to herself, as her haunting blue eyes pierced through the eyeholes of the mask. She had seen these beasts attack humans, and each other. But why? Some even looked... different than others. Was it a crude form of evolution? Would she evolve soon? Hopefully she'd lose this ridiculous look of hers. As she pondered all this, her question was answered, albeit it shocked her. She quickly rolled over onto her stomach, and pushed herself up, bringing her hands up in a fighting pose. She was strong in life, perhaps it carried over with her in death?

"Yield, beast of the wastes. I am not your enemy, Hollow."

She gazed forward, she heard the voice, but she did not see who it came from.

"Hollow...? Show yourself!"

Her heart was racing, but she did not fear death. She was already dead... Could she die again? Her eyes cut left to right, trying to take in the owner of the voice. She suddenly felt warm fur brush up on her leg, and jumped, spinning around.

"You are afraid, alone. A... Stray Wolf of the Desert."

The girl looked down, and before her, was a black wolf. It was small, but had haunting eyes. It's bloodlust strong.

"Who are you...?"

She asked cautiously, taking in the figure. Now this.... this is what she should look like. Not the strange wet dream of an otaku as she did now. The beast tilted it's head to the side, and answered her unasked question, could it read her mind?!

"No. You are marked. You will become a Vasto Lorde. I am an Adujchas, as you will soon be. Tell me your story, young one, so I might help you in your journey. And together.... We shall rule Hueco Mundo."

The girl hesitated a moment. Who was this beast? Why was he telling her this? Being so calm toward her? Was he going to kill her? Trick her? No, she would be able to sense that. She was always good at reading people. But this thing, was not a people. It was a beast. The girl took a breath, before slowly.... she spoke. Not sure why, as if the beast had made her. She couldn't explain it.

"Very well. I.... have no name. And it begins.... when I drove a sword through my husbands stomach..."

(this is an opening chapter of the backstory of our Goddess, Zero. Just a warning, it starts out slow and confusing, as I am narrating from how Stray would of felt at this point in time. If you hold no interest in the wonderful tale of Lady Zero, then please, don't bother. If you hold an interest in Luke's new begging's RP, then this is also not the place for you. But if you enjoy a tale of interest and intrigue, the please, sit down, and Enjoy! This is all for you, Lady Stray! Thanks for being the best Zero we could ever ask for!)
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Setoku Shinamori
Title: God-King\\Traitor of the Shinamori Clan\\Hollow God of Destruction
Race: Bount

Back to top Go down

The story of Reflection. :*~* The Goddess of the Hollow*~* (Zero's Tale) Empty Re: The story of Reflection. :*~* The Goddess of the Hollow*~* (Zero's Tale)

Post by Setoku Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Chapter Two: The Beast and the Harlot

"I love you, Seto-kun. Promise me... you'll be by my side forever?"

The boy took a step forward, and took the young thirteen year old in his grasp. He was no older, twelve, but they were young, and in love. And here in Mibu, love was a strong, if not a rare thing.

"I promise... Sara..."

It was her nickname, of course. She had no real name, none that she could recall. She had a sister, one blood sister anyway, Jen, but her other two Sisters were not truly blood. But that was ok, Seto-kun had no family either. They were made for each other. The girl came up on her tip-toes, and her lips lightly brushed his own. The hilt of their swords clanged together, and they pulled away, red-faced and embarrassed.

"Stray..."

The voice interrupted her thoughts, and pulled her out of her day dream of ages long past. Now Seventeen, the young, sword trained girl had dropped the European name Setoku had given to her, and adapted one that matched her lot in life. Stray. She was a Stray, dumped in Mibu, with the wolves. She turned to look over her shoulder, reaching up to pull the shoulders of her Kimono up.

"Yes, Ivy?"

Ivy, one of her adapted Sisters. It was her fault Stray and Setoku had split ways, but Stray would not hold it against her. Back then, they were fools, all sure of love, but soon, after their first... Well, encounter, so to speak, they grew to be more like family. And Setoku had chosen instead... Eshilieth. Her other Sister. But again, Stray held no grudges. What grudge she did hold, was when Setoku was invited to the Shinsengumi, and met a European Harlot, who stole his heart.

"Make it quick, you know I have important things to think about!"

Stray snapped, as Ivy came up behind her, and draped her arms around her. Stray wasn't a fool, Setoku had taught her a great many things, especially about when one lusted for another. She knew... Ivy lusted for her.

"Your husband is looking for you, sis. Okishira-kun...."

His name. Stray called him that and it kind of stuck. "Okishira" "Or "Leader", he was the leader of their orphan group. Stray, Setoku, Eshilieth, Ivy and Jen - And him. The oldest, and most rugged of them all. Stray frowned at this news.

"What did he want, Ivy?"

She hesitated a moment, before biting her lower lip. She did that a lot. Especially when she was nervous....

"He... is going to kill Eshilieth. It's the only way to free her of her... Curse, according to him."

Stray's eyes went wide. Kill her?! No! Setoku did this to her when he left, if he would of just stayed, told the Shinsengumi to go to hell, Eshilieth would be fine! She jumped to her feet, reaching down to grab the red saya of her Katana, the one Setoku had given to her. She always kept it close for some reason.

"No... He won't."

Stray bolted toward the shack they called a home, a tattered blanket served as the door, and in the light breeze it ominously skittered about. Ivy was screaming behind her, running to catch up. Why? Did Ivy agree with him? Figures, she wanted Stray to herself.... But that was unimportant. She flung aside the tattered blanket, seeing Jen against the wall, a blood streak running down her eye. What the hell happened?! She turned her head to the side, in time to catch Okishira, his blade held high over Eshilieth's stomach, and she frowned.

"Lobo!"

She screamed, his real name. Out of all the orphans, he was the only one who knew that much of his past, and he hated it. He froze mid-stab, and glared over to Stray.

"What, Stray? I love you, I truly do, but we must free her!"

"What... the hell are you talking about? And what happened to Jennifer?!"

He looked over his shoulder, and frowned.

"She tried to stop me."

Suddenly, a red veil seem to crawl over Stray's vision, and no sounds reached her ears - Just a blood curdling scream. Jen was her family, her blood. And she was hurt... And Lobo... he... He did this! She yanked her sword from it's sheath, casting it toward the door. Ivy bolted in, and the saya gleaned off the girls head, knocking her into the side of the frame. But Stray paid no mind, she shot forward, and jammed the sword forward. As her vision begun to fill with color once more, the scream in her ears subsided, instead, replaced by the scream of Ivy, and Jen, as the two girls covered their eyes, and screamed at the floor. Stray took one look, and frowned. What were they screaming about? She suddenly felt a warm sensation across her hand, and looked down. Her eyes going wide.

"No... No..."

Her words lodged in her throat, as Lobo's blood and, what had to be an intestine, rolled across her hand, her mouth worked, but no sound came out.

"....."

Stray's eyes slowly rolled back into her skull, and she felt her world flip over, as Eshilieth jumped from the bed, arms outstretched, to catch Stray as she fell - The last sound she heard was a scream so loud It hurt her throat.... Her scream. And her world suddenly went black.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

The story of Reflection. :*~* The Goddess of the Hollow*~* (Zero's Tale) Empty Re: The story of Reflection. :*~* The Goddess of the Hollow*~* (Zero's Tale)

Post by Setoku Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Chapter Three: A node for cruelty.

"Sara-chan, you musn't be so impulsive. Alot of people die that way."

Setoku spoke slowly, his arms wrapped around Stray's waist as he stood behind her. Her head was lowered, and tears were rolling down her cheek. She was fourteen, and a body lay before her. It was a woman, who had snuck into their house to rob them of what little they had - Stray had just come back from the bathroom, and caught her sneaking into Jen's room to steal her clothing. She didn't say anything, or scream. Just a red veil came over her sight, and she charged forward, slaughtering the woman. Once she realized she was screaming, Setoku burst in, and grabbed hold of her, stroking her hair, whispering loving things to her - And Jen was curled up in a fetal ball in the corner of the room. She had never killed anyone before...

"Seto-kun... she could.... she could of raped her..."

She said, trying to excuse her actions. Setoku hugged tighter, kissing the back of her neck weakly.

"I know sweetie... I know. It'll be alright... everything will be alright..."

Stray's eyes suddenly shot open, and she found herself lying on the bed, her head in Eshi's lap. Her mind always did that, went back in time to a memory of her in the past. How come she never recalled loving moments between her and Lobo...? Only her and Setoku? She sighed, and cuddled into Eshi's lap. And her heart fluttered when she heard her speak. She hadn't spoke, nor really moved since Seto-kun had left.

"Feeling ok, Sara-chan? Memories of... Seto-sensei?"

Stray frowned at that name, 'Sara'. The only person who called her that was Setoku. And... she felt like a terrible Sister as was, due to even thinking about Eshi's ex.

"Huh...? No, no, Eshi-chan. I was just remembering Lobo. I'm sorry you had to see that. Feeling better..?"

Eshi shook her head, and turned it away from Stray, frowning deeply.

"I still feel ill. I miss Seto-sensei... But I understand what he did. Why he did it. But it was Sara-chan and Seto-sensei who were meant to be, not us. So..."

Stray frowned even deeper. She hated that name, it reminded her of Setoku.

"It's Stray now, since Setoku left. And no, Eshi-chan. We were not meant to be together. I will find him, and make him come home. For you, I promise."

Eshi suddenly started coughing, and Stray quickly pulled herself up, wrapping her arms around Eshi's shoulders, clinging to her. Eshi brought her hand up, covering her mouth, as a few more brutal coughs happened. As she slowly pulled her hand away, quickly trying to hide, Stray caught it. The blood flakes. There was blood on her hand!

"Eshi-chan... what..?"

The girl quickly shook her head, and sagged her shoulders.

"It wasn't Seto-sensei who caused me to fall ill, Sister. It was this.... thing I have. I'm not sure what it is... but my lungs..."

Ivy and Jen came out of a room, and Stray quickly wrapped her fingers over Eshi's mouth, silencing her. She leaned in, and softly pressed her lips to Eshi's neck, causing Ivy to frown.

"It's ok Eshi-chan, don't say no more. I will find a healer."

Stray rose to her feet, and pushed by Ivy, who reached out, allowing her little fingers to press between Stray's breasts, stopping her. Stray frowned.

"What is it, Ivy-chan?"

Ivy glared at her a moment, before smiling over to Jen.

"Sister, go keep Eshi-chan company. I need to speak with Stray."

Jen smiled, and nodded to Stray, before rushing to Eshi's side. Suddenly, Stray noticed, the body of Lobo was gone. Had Ivy and Jen...?

"Stray. Listen to me. Stop being so close to Eshi, she is going to die soon, it is me and Jen who need your affection, not a corpse."

Stray suddenly reached up, grabbing Ivy's wrist, and twisted it around, pulling her in close. How dare she speak to her like that?! Her whore-grabbing ways were over, as far as Stray was concerned. They were once best friends, partners in crime, but this lusting Ivy seemed to hold for Stray, it was blinding her!

"Ivy."

She whispered, just so Ivy and her would hear it.

"You do not speak of Eshi-chan that way. She has given everything for you, me and Jen. If you ever call her a corpse again.... I will kill you."

Stray could feel it, the red veil slowly coming over her vision, but she quickly fought against it, trying to stop it. Despite how Ivy was acting, Stray still loved her, more than anything.

"And stop trying to get in my pants, we're Sisters, and women aren't my type."

Stray yanked Ivy around, tossing her into a wall. Ivy screamed, and Jen and Eshi suddenly jumped up, heading to their fallen Sisters side. Stray didn't bother to look, nor even speak. She turned away from them all, her blue eyes smoldering, and headed to the back room of the house.

"I am going to speak with Youkai-sama. I shall return."

Her goddess, her everything. If there was ever a female Stray could be with... It would be her. But she was more than that, she was family. Even Okishira and Setoku treated her as their mother. She was everything... to all of them, and... Something else. She had power, and foresight. Stray needed to speak with her. As Stray approached the only room with an actual door in the house, she stopped. Fixing her hair and making sure she looked beautiful. She always did for her. She took a breath, and slowly pushed open the door.

"Lady Youkai.... I seek... an audience."

The room was bare, and in one of the dark corners, sat a woman. She was so beautiful, but she was hidden by the shadow. Stray couldn't make out any part of her. But she spoke, without coming out of the corner, or turning around.

"You must find Shidaka Lyonin, the Demond Slayer. He will heal Eshi-chan... And your broken heart. But be warned, Sara-chan. Another from your past hunts him as well. He knows nothing of Eshi's sickness, though if he did... I am sure his child..."

Stray's eyes suddenly went wide, and she screamed out, reaching forward.

"Setoku had a child?!"

Youkai did not flinch, nor make any move to show Stray she had seen Stray move. Stray merely saw her shadow shift, before she spoke again.

"Two, actually. Him and Isabella have brought two young-lings into this world, who will eventually be raised by Ivy, though I cannot see why or how this happens. Something... clouds my vision. However, he did name his youngest daughter Sara... in honor of the first girl he ever loved."

Stray suddenly blushed deeply, before she felt a tear build in the corner of her eye.

"Youkai...-sama..."

The shadow stirred, and Youkai slowly rose to her feet, preparing to step into the light.

"Come here, Sara. I love you."

Her arms opened wide, and Stray shot forward to them, crying loudly.

Last edited by Setoku on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Chapter 4: When Love and Death Collide

-3 months later-

The air was stagnant. As if nothing ever appoarched this area; yet Stray was more than sure it was just the stench of age, as was common among many abandoned shacks in Japan. She knocked on the door softly, at first.

"Demond Slayer..?"

She asked quietly, before just pushing her way in. She hadn't spent the last three months tracking down useless leads just to come up empty handed. From what she gathered, this was his families home, and he was here nine times out of ten - She also found out she wasn't the only one looking. So was another, a name from her past.

"Hello...?"

She said tentaivly, as she pushed aside one curtain after another, nosing her way around. It wasn't until the living room she came to a stop. Over a crude fire place were tons, no hundereds, of pictures and paintings of females. Each one in a provactive pose. Clearly, this man, for all his skill, was a leacher. She frowned, as he cheeks tinged lightly. Despite her attitude toward men and women when it came to relations, she did find the female quite... amazing. She reached up, touching one of the paintings slowly. It was still wet. He was here, or at least, someone was.

"Where are you..."

She spoke to herself, reaching up to touch the brim of her jingasa and pull it down. Around her thin body she wore a purple kimono, purple... his favorite color. She shook her head, clearing her mind. He was gone now, forever out of her reach. Perhaps it was better that way. Suddenly, she heard voices, and quickly dove behind a chair, peeking up to the window that overlooked the back yard. Beyond the half-broken glass, stood two men. One, in a blue haori with white trimmings, and blue hakama. A long No-dachi swung tachi style from the right of his hip. A rare left hand draw. Only two people she knew had Hirazuki down so clearly. Her... and him. Across from him, stood a man, wearing a faded jingasa, and faded black Kamishimo. He had a shadow of fur on his chin, as if he hadn't shaven in a few days. In his right hand he held a Katana, which seem to glow lightly.

"Setoku...."

She whispered, then ducked again as the man turned his head toward the house, keeping silent so she could pick out their voices.

"Setoku-no-dachi. I will not join you puppets of the goverment, for I feel a need to help people... Not kill them."

He sounded resolute, but Setoku, Stray was sure that's who it was now, was always stubborn, something she noted quite clearly with his answer.

"Then I will force you to join, Demon Slayer."

The boy smiled, pulling his sword up high, in a aggressive neatural stance, while Setoku merely dropped his hand to the hilt of his no-dachi, leaning slightly to the side.

"It's Demond."

Suddenly, Setoku struck, and Stray's eyes grew wide. She had forgotten how intense and dangerous he truly was... But his speed and precision... since when...? The sword flew up toward the Slayers neck, as quick as an eye-blink, and the boy merely leaned back, as a chunk of hair was cut from his head - Then the boy struck, shoving the glowing blade forward for the center of Setoku's chest, and Setoku turned his body around, narrowly avoiding the tip of the blade as it scratched across his skin. Stray covered her mouth, holding in a scream. She was worried about Setoku suddenly, even though she shouldn't be. She had to firmly hold herself in place. Setoku smirked, before dropping low, and kicking up dirt with his sandaled feet. The Slayer covered his face, and suddenly Stray heard the sound of metal slicing through skin, the splatter of blood. As the dust cleared, she saw Setoku had stabbed his sword into the boy's forearm, yet the boy didn't seem affected.

"You truly are dangerous, Setoku-no-dachi, but it ends here."

Setoku stared at the boy, preplexed, then went to pull his sword out, but it was too late. As Setoku yanked back on the blade, the boy yanked in his direction as well, causing Setoku to stumble. As he fell toward the ground, the boy sent his geta sandal into Setoku's chin, kicking him so hard he did a half backflip, and hit the ground hard.

"It's over. Never appoarch me again."

The boy said, calmly. Before yanking his forearm back, causing blood to splatter over Setoku's fallen form. Stray felt warm liquid on her cheeks, and suddenly realized she was weeping. For Setoku. She lowered her head, and turned away. Slowly, she edged for the door, but the boy's voice caused her to freeze.

"He is only uncounciess, you know. I would not kill a human being so heartlessly. What is your name?"

She stopped, cursing under her breath. How had the man seen her? She turned around, and saw the boy quickly closing ground between them. Behind him, a female in all black dropped down by Setoku's side, and softly touched his cheeck. She glared at the Slayers back a moment, before picking Setoku from the ground, and in a bright flash, she was gone. That... must of been her...

"I... I am Stray. I need your help."

The Slayer stopped, and nodded his head to her. Extending a hand to a dusty chair.

"Please, sit. I noticed Setoku's wife has taken him, good."

Stray was suddenly afraid. Whoever this leecher was... He hadn't even looked behind him! How would he know?! But she did as she was told, and made her way to the chair... She would explain everything. Perhaps then... She could finally have her sister healed.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:47 pm

Chapter Five: A Dream of a Wish

_-Two Years Earlier-_

"You're not learning fast enough."

Setoku came down, sweeping his leg out, and knocking Stray off both of hers. Stray's back hit the ground, but she quickly rolled out of it, and came up on her feet, sword in hand.

"Don't admonish me, Setoku."

She growled, before darting forward, sword gripped tightly in her left hand. She dropped low as Setoku swung his right hand out, intent to clothsline her - Then she swung her left arm around, sending her sword for a direct hit on his rib-cage. Setoku shuffled backwards, quickly pulling his sword half-way out of his saya, catching Stray's attack.

"You're learning quick, Sara-chan. Eshilieth would be proud."

Stray frowned, slowly pulling her own sword back. She hated how he called her that - They weren't close anymore, so he needed to stop.

"Don't call me that, Setoku."

She answered quickly, turning her head away. She could never hold hatered toward Setoku or Eshilieth for what had happened between them... But she would never understand, either. She shook her head, then jumped back, and spun her sword around again. Setoku nodded once, before he spoke.

"Again."

_-Current Time-_

Stray snapped out of her daydream, as the Demond Slayer eyed her carefully. He wasn't just looking to see if she was alright, he was just looking at her. She should of killed him, but.... Eshilieth needed his help.

"Exscuse me?"

She asked, and the Slayer quickly looked up, smiling an innocent smile.

"Just seeing if you were alright, dear. Now... you said you needed my help?"

Straight to bussiness, she liked that. No need to beat around the bush. Stray took a small breath, before she begun.

"I have a Sister, her name is Eshilieth..."

It took at least two hours for the whole tale to be spun, but once she finished, the Slayer just stared at her, a sort of 'I'm not so sure.' kind of stare. He finally answered after a moment.

"Well, I see two things here. One, no Demond has control of her, she is just depressed... And two, you and your family, I mean no disrespect when I say this, just want to think it's a demon."

It felt like a slap in the face, and Stray bit back everything she had to say about that. The Slayer seem to notice the shift in mood, though, and quickly followed up with...

"I shall come and see, though. I have been wrong many times."

Stray smiled, before rising to her feet. After giving the man the information he needed, she turned to leave, but stopped at the door.

"May I ask your name, Slayer..?"

The man nodded, before answering.

"Lyonin."

He didn't give a last name, family, whatever you wanted to call it, but Stray understood.

"Alright, I shall see you soon then."

Stray pushed open the door, happy to head back home and tell everyone the news.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:37 pm

Chapter Six: Love's icy tomb.

~ Two Months later ~

Stray had finished her trek, finally. After finding, and gaining Lyonin the Monk's aid, she felt sure Elsi would finally be free. Whatever Setoku had done to her.... Would finally be put in the past. But why had Setoku done what he'd done? She couldn't understand it. She had heard that he even went as far as naming his first daughter after her.... So clearly he still cared about his childhood memories. So why...? Why did he abandon Elsi?

"Setoku... you fool...."

She felt a tear build up in her left eye, as she bit her lip slowly. She missed him.... Elsi missed him, hell, even Ivy missed him. And with Lobo dead.... They needed someone to guide them... So why wouldn't he come back?

"Nii-sama...."

She whispered, as she lowered her head. She felt as if she were betraying her Sister - Loving Setoku as she did. But it wasn't like that.... She suddenly felt her shoulder's tighten, as a hand curled around it.

"Yes... Sara-chan?"

She felt her heart lock in place, as the voice pierced her eardrum. There was no way.... there couldn't be! She jumped back, and turned to face the man who dare lay a hand on her, gripping her sword tightly - Until she caught sight of just who it was. She felt her fingers loosen, as the sword dropped,  tip first, and stabbed into the ground. She ran forward, and wrapped her arms around the bandaged man. He wore no Kimono, just bandages across his chest and on his left cheek. But she recognized him. How could she not? She felt her eyes grow warm, as tears begun to build, and she stammered out his name..

"Se....Setoku..."

She felt him wrap his own arms tightly around her, holding her in a deep embrace. She wanted this moment to last forever... her first, and so far only... True Love was holding her! Suddenly, she snapped out of her thoughts, and shoved Setoku back,

"Bakka! Where have you been?! I saw your fight with Lyonin! Why would you do that too yourself?! HUH?! And who was that girl! Was that 'Isabella'?! Did your bring her along too, to show to your precious Elsi as you called her?!!"

Setoku stumbled back, before grabbing his side - Clearly, the shove had hurt him, and Stray felt a small sense of satisfaction. But when he looked up, tears were in his eyes.... And he tried to speak, but stopped a moment...

"Sara-chan..."

"My god damn name is Stray now! STOP CALLING ME SARA!"

Setoku leaned back... obviously he felt the sting. Again, another sense of self satisfaction. Yet his eyes... they were so broken. She had to hold back an urge to comfort him... tell him she still loved him.... Instead...

"What are you doing here?"

Setoku reached forward to touch her shoulder, but stopped himself, and lowered his head.

"I'm here for you... and... Elsi. Clearly, you don't know the full extent of what went on between us.... She's been dying, Sar--- Stray! Lobo... he gave her...."

He stopped, trying to feign out the name of the disease....

"Tuberculous."

Stray brought a hand to her lips... Was that true...? No, it couldn't be! She knew Lobo had it.... but supposedly her cured it. So how...?

"You lie! Okishira cured it!"

"....No, it can't be cured. He said as much so you would marry him..."

"How would you know, huh?! You weren't even there!"

"...ELSI TOLD ME TO LEAVE!"

Stray gasped, stepping back. Such ferocity... she... He never showed her that before. Was he telling the truth...?

"But... why...?"

"She... didn't want me to catch it. I came to see her... One last time... Isabella is pregnant again... I wish to name the child... After her. I want... her blessing..."

Stray felt a cold stab in the pit of her stomach. He was.. telling the truth. Did he... truly love her? She bit her lip again... before nodding slowly.

"Fine... come with me, then.... I will take you to her. Lyonin should be there... By now. Trying to cure her."

Setoku frowned... before whispering...

"It can't be cured... I'm... I'm sorry."

_-Five hundred yards away.-_

Isabella sat, blending in with the crowd of people. Her gaze, though, was pressed on the two figures in the distance. So this was Setoku's first love huh? He told her not to come, but she did anyway, and what she saw... Actually made her somewhat jealous. But she understood his actions. They were his friends as children.... But the woman he was going to see... So he could name their child after her... Isabella did not approve. She frowned deeply.... Before sighing. She couldn't get any closer without being spotted... Setoku had developed quite a skill in spotting her. She would have to figure out a way to stop this naming travesty.... The child didn't need his exes name, she didn't want that. She reached into the pocket of her Kimono, and pulled out a small, black, rubber looking ball. She lightly dropped it to the ground, and people spread, panicking as the smoke engulfed them for a moment. Once it all cleared, only one was gone. Isabella.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Chapter Seven: Prologue of Death

As Setoku and Stray covered the short walk to the shack they were in, Setoku quickly reached behind him, whipping around a faded Jingasa and setting it gingerly atop his head - Pulled low to hide his features. He didn't have time for equal reactions from the whole family - And wasn't sure how Jen or Ivy would react to his reappearance. Stray casually turned her head to the side, frowning.

"What are you doing?"

Setoku pulled the hat a little lower, before answering. His mind was a swirl of what was really going to happen with this visit. It was something, actually, he had dreaded since he set the plan into motion.

"Don't worry about it, huh? The girls... don't need to know. Neither does Okishira."

"Heh... Okishira is dead."

Setoku didn't react, that actually made things a whole lot easier. Instead, he feigned interest in his fate.

"What happened?"

"....I killed him."

Setoku had to forcefully prevent himself from stopping dead in his tracks. He was right to come here, after all. If Stray was becoming that dangerous....

"I see. I'm sorry to hear that. He was your husband, no?"

Stray didn't answer, and the two were silent the rest of the trip. As they came over a slight knoll, a man standing infront of the cabin became visible. Setoku's eyes glared beneath the race hat, he would never fail to recognize that man. Underneath his breath, he cursed. The man was clearly an adept at.... well, either taking people for a ride, or seeing what was beneath the beneath. But as they approached, he made no motion to say he recognized Setoku.

"Ah, Mi'Lady."

Lyonin offered his hand to Stray as they drew closer, and in her usual fashion see seem to ignore it - So instead he nodded in Setoku's direction, not even put off by the fact his face was seemingly hidden.

"Good day. You must be...?"

Stray answered for him.

"He is Lobo. My husband."

Lyonin suddenly seemed taken aback, before motioning toward the cabin.

"Very well, let us, shall we?"

Stray was the first into the cabin, pushing aside the tattered rug that they called a door, followed by Lyonin. Setoku stood outside a moment, frowning. He hated this place... And Mother was in there, she always was there. She would see through it. But rarely did she ever leave that god damn room. Setoku took a breath, before stepping in. Everyone stared at him, and clearly, he knew he was the intruder. Stray was quick to appraise the situation.

"Girls, it's Okishira! He's come for a visit!"

Wait... Okishira was dead. Did the girls not know that? There was no way, Ivy was the most nosy person he had ever met... And Jen, well, she followed Stray everywhere when she could. The girls stared at the man a moment, as if trying to piece something together. Jen was the first to step forward, and reach out, taking Setoku's fingers in her smaller hand.

"Oh... Welcome home... Oki---"

She stopped a moment, here eyes growing wide with sudden comprehension. Setoku held his breath, how the hell...?

"Okishira!"

Ivy dove across the room and quickly took Setoku's other hand, looking to Jen, she nodded, and the two pulled him off to the side - Ivy leaning up to whisper slowly in his ear.

"Welcome home, Setoku-sama."

Setoku cursed under his breath, them knowing... would make it even harder. He turned to look over his shoulder, at Eshi, and she stared back, yet Setoku was quite sure she wasn't literally staring at him, just at the intrusions. Lyonin was the first to speak.

"So...Eshilieth, was it? Which one was she?"

Stray motioned to the girl laying in the bed, and Lyonin frowned inwardly. He was right.... Nothing was literally... wrong with her, not in the sense they thought, anyway. All he would be able to do... Was ease her pain only slightly. Lyonin let out a slow breath, before turning to Stray.

"I need warm rags, please."

Stray was quick to follow his request, and once the girl had run off to fetch such, Lyonin leaned down on a single knee - Close enough to Eshilieth so she alone would hear his words.

"I cannot help you."

The girl slowly averted her eyes from... well, wherever they were, and gave an answer Lyonin wasn't expecting.

"I'm well aware.... Would you do me but one favor, though... before you pretend to treat me..."

Eshilieth stopped a moment, her eyes growing wide as she quickly covered her mouth and turned her head away from Lyonin, and begun coughing. Lyonin cringed as he watched the girl's body seem to shudder every cough. It was tuberculous, clearly. After a few moments, the girl lowered her hand, and turned her head back to Lyonin.

"Please... send Okishira over here..."

Lyonin nodded, before rising to his feet - And motioning to Setoku - Who seem frozen for a moment, before finally he rose to his feet. Lyonin nodded his head to him, and crossed the cabin in his direction, as the boy passed directly by him. Lyonin whispered.

"She wishes to see her former love... Setoku-kun."

The man stopped, as did Lyonin - And the two, on the outside, anyway, seemed frozen somehow to one another, it was only after a moment of silence, that Setoku begun walking again, before answering with...

"I've no idea what you're talking about."

Lyonin smiled, and let the boy go on. He wasn't here for a fight, anyway, plus Setoku seemed unarmed, so he most likely wouldn't present a problem. Lyonin turned, and watched, almost fascinated, as Setoku sunk down to one knee at the girls bedside, pulling the jingasa up, and to the side, so his face wouldn't be seen by any of the girls, or Lyonin. The girl leaned up, and seemingly whispered something to the the man, and her other hand came up, brushing against Setoku's arm. Lyonin could make out Setoku nodding, and him leaning down. That was a fools gambit, Lyonin thought. If he were to kiss her... He would contract it. But Lyonin spoke nothing, as the girls arm twitched and seemed to slowly fall from next to Setoku's arm, pulling back to her side, and Setoku rose up, pulling his jingasa back on. Lyonin surveyed the scene a moment, touched, at first. He crossed the room to the girl as Setoku crossed back, and once the two passed each other again, Setoku was the one to speak.

"She's.... gone."

It was Lyonin's turn to freeze, his eyes wide. Had Setoku done it? No... there was no possible way! He was unarmed. Perhaps that's all the girl needed, though, was to see him? He slowly turned his head slightly, to stare at Setoku's back as he pulled the jingasa even lower, concealing the smile that was touching his lips.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Chapter Eight: Death's cold embrace

As Setoku crossed the small area between Eshi and the girls, a sound caused him to stop. Lyonin, who stood in place, like a statue, still stared at his back, as Ivy slowly pulled her hand up over her mouth, hiding her gasp. Jen seemed none the wiser, and was merely gazing at the two. Setoku licked his lips beneath the jingasa, still tasting the after taste of venom. He would need to get to Michiyo soon, or this would be all for naught. He averted his eyes to the left in time to catch Stray standing at the doorway, eyes wide. Her first glance was to Setoku.

"What... happened...."

It wasn't a question she asked, just a statement. Ivy went to speak, but was quickly silenced when Stray yanked her sword from the sheath, and turned her gaze to the Slayer, Lyonin. Again, in her head, all she heard was that blood curdling scream, her vision going grainy with red specks. She felt a wall of hatred encase her heart, as she bounded across the shack, and swung her sword toward Lyonin, intent to remove the mans head. But it didn't happen, her sword froze in place, and she felt her arms yank back, as she dropped her sword and felt Setoku press against her back - The Jingasa floating off his head as he did so.

"He'll be mine to kill, Stray, not yours. Besides..."

Setoku leaned closer to Stray's ear, and she felt his lips brush against her skin, as he whispered something that caused her heart to feel as if it skipped a beat.

"I killed Eshi-chan."

Before she had time to react, though, she felt Setoku jam his foot into her back, and send her stumbling toward the Slayer. Lyonin, for all intents and purposes, wasn't about to get involved in any of this - Her smiled inwardly, and nodded toward Setoku.

"We'll meet again, pig of the government."

And with that, Lyonin withdrew himself, easily diving out a window. He may of hated himself, but as he was always taught, family business was just that... Family. With the disappearance of the Slayer, Stray would end up stumbling into the wall, her eyes wide. She was trying to make sense of all this.... Why had Setoku done this? Why had Okishira tried? Why did Ivy defend Okishira's motives? Was she the wrong the one the whole time...?

"Eshilieth..."

Stray managed, as she pushed herself from the wall, in time to feel Setoku press his body into her own, using his weight to seemingly crush the breath out of her lungs. But she fought back, with anything she had. Her hands tensed, and she scratched, kicked, and managed to wiggle free of Setoku's hold.

"Why... Setoku...?"

She questioned, as she slowly took a few steps back, until she felt her sword when the back of her heel bumped into it. Her eyes glared as Setoku slowly circled around, now standing in front of the girls - Blocking them from her sight. Setoku smiled for a moment, before speaking.

"Because... she wished it."

Stray slowly reached down, bringing her sword off the ground - Setoku made no move to stop her. She.... wished it? No... that couldn't be...

"Setoku..."

She mumbled, as Setoku turned his head to the side, before bringing up a single arm, hand relaxed outward.

"You are such... an idiot...."

Again, she mumbled, and her eyes grew wide as Setoku's fingers summoned her toward him. He was getting arrogant! It all happened so fast - She shot forward, stabbing the sword for a direct hit in the dead center of Setoku's chest, ending him once for all - But he quickly side-stepped, and Stray turned her head to keep gazes with him. There was the sound of metal piercing flesh, and warm liquid splashed over Stray's features, yet she didn't turn to look, even as Setoku's own eyes grew wide. It was Ivy's words that caused Stray to turn, and look at what she had just done.

"...Sara-chan... You..."

As Stray's eyes came full circle with what was going on, the last sight she would want to burn from her memory, filled her vision. Her sword, jammed through Jen's neck, so deep the sword penetrated through, separating the spine, and even jammed into the wall behind her. And Stray's world, suddenly went black.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Chapter Nine: Born into Madness

Setoku was actually stunned, to a complete standstill. This... this wasn't supposed to happen. He was supposed to get Ivy killed, not Jen. The girl was to young to pass, and to young to even know what was going on. He averted his eyes from the scene, even after all the war he had been put through, this sight alone.... Was one he couldn't handle. His eyes instead went to Stray, who had suddenly brought either hand to her head, and begun screaming. So loud it seemingly pierced his eardrums.

"No...."

Setoku slowly stepped back, before re-circling around. What was done was done, and there was only one more person that needed to be dealt with. Setoku let his eyes lose focus, as Stray dropped to her knees - While Ivy, curiously enough, was pulling the sword carefully from Jen's neck. Setoku took a few more steps back, before he bumped into something, and suddenly froze.

"Youka--.... Mother."

He didn't turn around, nor did he make any motion to attack. This was why he was here. To kill her - He needed to eliminate Stray, Ivy, and Eshilieth, the only people who would stop him.... But things had gone horribly awry. He was begging to change his plans. But... could he leave Stray like this to suffer? Yes... yes, he'd have to.

"Setoku-kun."

Setoku's heart locked, as his eyes grew wide - He was going to die - And there was nothing he could do about it. That voice.... he hated that voice... He hated that woman - But....

"What... did you do?"

Setoku finally turned his head slightly, eyes still wide, as Stray's screaming seemed to suddenly silence. Was it him? Had he so lost focus of all sound and focused on this woman that nothing else mattered?

"I did.... what needed to be done."

Setoku answered, his voice coming out shaky, yet his voice full of resolve. In his heart, he felt right, but in his mind.... Setoku suddenly dropped, and swung his feet behind him, feeling his leg hook the older woman's ankles and quickly he yanked, feeling the girl falter... but not fall. How was that even possible? The woman spoke, but not to him....

"Ivy...."

Setoku turned his head slightly, looking toward Ivy - Who stood over Stray, as the girl was dipped to the ground, slamming her head into the floor. She had gone completely insane, clearly. But that wasn't calling his attention, it was the sword she lightly gripped in her fingertips, as she glared down at Stray. And with a twisted sort of feeling, Setoku suddenly understood. Everything.

"Ivy... don't..."

Setoku managed, but barely audible to him. He himself had wanted Stray dead, so why was he trying to stop Ivy? Setoku reached forward, as if he could reach Stray, before he felt his "Mother" grab his dull brown hair, and pull him back to his feet. He felt one of her thin arms come across his body, with the strength of what seemed ten men. He was a Bakumatsu warrior! This old Hag.... this old hag couldn't.... Suddenly, he slammed his eyes shut, trying to hide the scene before him.

"No, Setoku. You wished this... and I'd be a horrible mother to not give their child their wish..."

Setoku fought, but felt his right eye open, forced open by the woman's fingers. Ivy slowly pulled the sword up, turning her head to the side.

"Yes Ivy... Give Stray her wish."

The woman spoke, a cold indifference in her voice. The edges of Ivy's eyes suddenly seemed to gleam, and Setoku realized... those were... Tears. Was Ivy doing this of her own accord? Well of course... you couldn't force someone altogether to do something - But as he tried to mull this over in his head, Ivy thrust the sword down, and Setoku felt his knee's buckle. Ivy stared at the scene a moment, before seemingly snapping back to reality.... her eyes wide with terror...

"What... what have I done..."
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:31 am

Chapter Ten: Love's Lies Cruel

Ivy stared, her body shaking. Setoku continued to fight the woman, trying with all his might to close that one eye. He had never thought beyond actually watching Stray die. He had become quite the twisted, and cruel person in his time.... But this, this was even beyond his reach of evil. Ivy slowly pulled her hands up, still gripping the sword tightly. And Setoku fought to look away - It was one thing for Setoku to be the one to do Stray in.... But Ivy... Well...

"Mother... why...?"

Ivy asked, as her voice grew more shaky, her breath coming out in forced gasps. Youkai slowly parted her lips to answer, and that was when Setoku struck - He yanked his head back, and felt the back of his skull press into the woman's mouth - She gave a muffled scream, as Setoku rolled away from her - Unsure of what to do next. Ivy would be of no use here... Ivy... needed to die. As Setoku came out of his roll, he came up easily on his feet, grabbing the back of Ivy's sword and forcing it around.

"Ivy... I bear you no grudge."

He started, bringing his foot up to impact the lilthe girls knee. The girl gave no resistance, even releasing the sword from her grasp - And as she slowly fell toward the ground, her eyes... they seemed, dead already. Setoku shook his head, pulling the sword toward him, and easily catching the hilt in his hand.

"Forgive me... Sister."

Setoku spun the blade around once, pointing the tip of it directly for her eye-socket. Hirazuki, the left handed thrust, would end it quick and painless for her - So that's what he intended to do.

"Of course... Setoku...-sama..."

The girl pulled her head up, opening her eyes wide. Yet Setoku hesitated. Ivy stared at him, awaiting the beauty of death's embrace, or whatever poetic term could be applied here... But it never came. Setoku merely glared at her, before he spun on his heel.

"Damn...."

Setoku darted forward, thrusting his left hand forward, he was here to kill her! No one else but her death was needed! As Setoku jumped forward, easily covering ground, his sword bit forward, only to spear into the woman, the center of her chest. Setoku felt the resistance, felt the exhilaration he felt with every kill, the woman opened her mouth, as if to scream, but nothing came out - To what Setoku seemed an eternity, yet it was probably no more than a few seconds, the two crashed into a wall - And Setoku released the sword - Staring eye to eye... with the woman he called Mother. No sound seem to penetrate Setoku's eyes, as he gazed ahead... into her slowly shifting eyes.

"I... I..."

Setoku was at a loss for words. When he first thought of this moment, he had so much to say.... But when it came down to it...

"No.. Stray... idolized you... worshiped you..."

The woman merely stared at him, and no answer parted her dying lips. No words of apology or words of hatred. She just... stared. Setoku turned his head away in disgust, pushing himself away. As he turned his head, the next sight to capture his vision.... Was the kneeling form of Ivy.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Final Chapter: Circle of Madness (That's right, a Circle Chapter, oooo!)

"That's all I can remember, at any rate."

As Stray spoke, the wolf curled down at her feet moved slightly. His eyes opening. She could of even swore it was smiling. But it was a wolf, wolves.... did not smile.

"I see..."

The beast said, before slowly pushing up on all fours. There was a few key points it didn't understand, like how she knew so much of what Setoku thought.... and what had transpired after her "Death." But he had a feeling he understood. The girl turned her head to the side, and spoke softly.

"I'm sorry... may I ask... your name?"

The wolf shook it's body, and stretched, before finally answering. It was afraid of this. But it already planned ahead. Okishira always planned ahead, after all.

"Oscuras. Call me... Oscuras."

Stray smiled, the beast promised her power! And help. And now she knew it's name - But still, she couldn't understand why it picked her exclusively. She thought to ask.... but quickly dismissed that idea. What would of been the point? She would get all she needed, and that was enough... for now.

"Oscuras... what is to come next?"

The wolf suddenly begun to walk off, toward a massive castle in the distance, that same destroyed castle she was always curious about. Lost in his own thoughts, Lobo was calculating how long it would take to push this girl to Adjuchas, and how long it would take for her to forget him, and Eshilieth, and Jen, and Ivy. She was his wife, after all, and he didn't need her remembering that. Eventually, he was sure, the madness that was her human life would re-focus itself in death, and she would become his Shadow Hand. As, when he passed, Setoku would. They were Star Struck Lovers, doomed to live life together, in hatred. And one could not exist without the other. And if he had them both.... He would have.... Hueco Mundo.

"Power... my dear. Power."

As the two wondered off into the distance, another Hollow, this one entirely red, with matted fur, slowly came up over a dune, and seemingly smiled. Finally.... everything would come to pass.

:~: Epilogue of Stray's Mortal Life :~:

The shack burned behind them, flames of orange and red licking up toward the sky. Inside, the body of Three people burned with it. Eshilieth, Stray, and Jen. And something else, something Setoku was entirely sure wasn't human. His Mother.

"Come Ivy... I shall teach you the way to kill... The way to attain power."

Setoku reached out, wrapping his arm around Ivy's hips, slowly pulling her away from the remains of her burning home. In her eyes, Ivy held a look of pure hatred - The sadness wiped away as she had remembered Setoku's words as she knelt before him, expecting him to kill her.

"You never loved any of them... you know. Mother just tricked you.... But I came to save you. Ivy... come... Be at my side and help me protect my children from the same fate."

Ivy, tears in her eyes, gazed up at Setoku, and slowly nodded. She didn't know what to believe anymore. She had loved Stray, wanted to be with her... But killed her without so much as an eyelash batting. What Setoku said had made sense, to a degree. But she knew Setoku-sama would protect her.... He would always protect those he loved. And she would always serve... the man she truly loved.

"Yes.... Setoku-sama. Teach me the arts of a Samurai.... teach to kill, in order to protect your kin. I beg of you."

Her thoughts were interrupted as a female came to her other side, wrapping her own arm around Ivy's hips, placing them atop Setokus. This must of been Isabella. She was beautiful, and Ivy knew.... Someone else she would Lust after.

"Ivy-chan... Welcome home."

As the three walked away from the burning cottage, Setoku turned to look over his shoulder, and in his mind, away from the ears of these two... He recited the last true pledge in life he had made.

"Love's lies cruel... took me from you. But I promise Stray, if we ever meet again.... I will do whatever it takes to protect you. Let you reach your full strength... so you can stand on your own. I love you.... Sara... never forget that. Now.... and forever."

The words rung hollow in his mind.... but for some reason... He knew, at some point in time... They would meet again.

(-End.-)

(-*-* This is the end of the tale of our Lady Zero. Though the Story is short, it gives credence to just how intertwined the destiny of Setoku, Stray and Lyonin Truly are. I hope everyone enjoyed this short, if not confusing tale into madness. Hopefully, I will have another story for you one day. Lyonin and Stray, I <3 ya guys more than anything, and Stray, this one was just for you! Now please, everyone, take a break from my horrid writing... And read: World Of Bleach: Infiltration by Antaeus. It is perhaps one of the best Stories I've seen since the Lovely Wolfy and her Hungry Hollows/Soulless Shinigami. Also read that too :D! Goodnight everybody and Stray, I hope you loved it as much as I loved coming up with it!)

Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Antaeus Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:56 am

Thanks for the recommendation, and my chars have a long way to go before they're as integral to the WoB world as Setoku and Ivy
Antaeus
Antaeus
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name: Daisuke Morimoto
Title: Squad 10 Member
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:30 am

Don't sell yourself short just yet, Antaeus, your charries are shaping up to be true masterminds in the future of the WoB o.O!
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down