World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoB Staff Feedback

+2
mskod1
Hitori
6 posters

Go down

WoB Staff Feedback Empty WoB Staff Feedback

Post by Hitori Wed May 08, 2013 5:13 am

Okay, so a user gave a little feedback on how they thought the staff was doing in a PM. I found that it was valuable and that it could be useful in seeing how well we're doing and address and find solutions to problems that arise from the user base. First off, I'm going to go over a few ground rules for this thread that everyone must follow:

Thread rules:

• This thread is meant for -constructive- feedback or comments on the WoB staff. Users that use this thread to flame or troll will find that their posts get deleted, repeat offenders may be issued a forum ban.
  • This thread is NOT to be used to discuss personal problems with staff members, they should be sent to VIA PM to staff members following the chain of command. (I.e. problems with mods go FIRST to head mods; problems with head mods go to admins, etc.)
  • This thread is NOT to be used to dispute your in-game ban, that should be done on here VIA PMS, and must be sent to a Head Mod+ (if you know a HM issued your ban, go to an admin).
  • This thread CAN be used to ask general questions about what the staff does, point out GENERAL (don't use usernames) flaws you feel the staff has, or questions about the rules, etc.
    Remember, don't ask to be part of the staff. We will come to you or hold applications.

So, without further ado, leave you questions, comments, concerns & any feedback you may have. Just keep it civil and constructive -- if this thread becomes widely misused it will be closed and/or deleted.
Hitori
Hitori
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

WoB Staff Feedback Empty Re: WoB Staff Feedback

Post by mskod1 Wed May 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Time to get the ball rolling as it were.

This was something that happened fairly recently and I wasn't too happy with the resolution from moderators and even head moderators. Simply put a lack of reaction (and poor taste of joking) when battle holding occurred and was reported despite 4 or so mods being online and apparently active in social. I was disappointed in this case, one eventually did watch well after it being reported. I just expect a little more effort on the moderating teams part in watching the social and reports and acting on them in haste. Thank you and love the thread idea if peo0ple don't abuse it Smile
mskod1
mskod1
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Milord Hollow
Title: Lord of Kyoto
Race: Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by orosan Thu May 09, 2013 6:38 am

well you see the thing is, after we watch it, we handle it in secrecy.
we dont go all around telling ppl "oh i banned him oh i did this and he will be gone and for so and so days, oh yes i banned these and that and that one cuz they did this that etc etc" it's all in discretion, everything is operated behind the scenes.
there's a reason why it seems we dont respond so fast, it's cuz we are busy discussing what to do of the case privately.
do excuse us for not giving much attention after wards.
orosan
orosan
WoB Moderator
WoB Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Ωρωσαν
Title: Κωωκυ
Race: Fullbring

Back to top Go down

Post by mskod1 Thu May 09, 2013 1:29 pm

From a customer satisfaction perspective then it would be a good idea for someone to let them know it is being acted upon. I have received it a few times which I appreciated. That's something to consider in the future Smile[code]
mskod1
mskod1
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruchi Thu May 09, 2013 1:52 pm

PM's could be sent in the future about the report being handled/in progress. They could contain just "Report is/was taken care of.", "We'll look into it, thank you." or similar, without giving any details out. I like that idea, though it has little cons. But ah well.
Haruchi
Haruchi
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name: Bleh.
Title: Bleh'er.
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitori Thu May 09, 2013 3:46 pm

It's not a bad idea, I also recommend sending a PM to an online staff member anyway. That way the person BHing can't change what they're doing to stay within the rules.

On the note of letting a user know if something is/was handled. If it is a request in the social, I usually post that I'll be watching it; the user knowing you viewed the battle is all they really need to know since user records are between that user and the staff.
Hitori
Hitori
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by mskod1 Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:22 am

I seem the only one posting atm but anyway. It has come to my attention that a few mods have Inbox's full and even some that are keeping it full to avoid pm's. I might be wrong but it appears that way, if so in cases when people are suppose to pm an online mod and they have their inbox full that kind of defeats the purpose.

In any case it would be an idea to keep larger inbox's or at least cleared regularly for mods to allow for these type of PM's.
mskod1
mskod1
Student
Student

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Deimi Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:59 pm

My big issue is that you can get banned in a matter of minutes for a rule that isn't written but when your case gets reviewed AFTER the ban is expired they say you were wronged ... Only the ban did happen, the moderator that watched your fight said that you fought by the rules in place but I'm banning you anyways without sending your report up higher, you're ban was ruled as a "misunderstanding" and struck from the records from ever happening, but you get no form of compensation for a moderator banning you for breaking no rules because you were breaking a rule that was not written anywhere because the admin "forgot" to write it anywhere. However because it USED to be a rule, it was no excuse for breaking a rule that was no longer there until one of your moderators bans someone who was following the rules and points out that their moderator was contradicting what they were banning me for and what the rules were.

It's nice to know that you can get in trouble for rules that dont exist.

Deimi
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by miyacool Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:35 am

On the note of letting a user know if something is/was handled. If it is a request in the social, I usually post that I'll be watching it; the user knowing you viewed the battle is all they really need to know since user records are between that user and the staff.

miyacool
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down