World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sokyoku Hill

3 posters

Go down

Sokyoku Hill Empty Sokyoku Hill

Post by Zizibolt Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:59 am

The broken blade of the ancient execution device strangely glowed in the setting sunlight. The light shone brighter and brighter, until it started to flicker as a flame. The fire grew larger, looking as if it would grow out of control. But it stopped growing, and from the flames a body fell to the ground. As the fire extinguished, the body stirred, shaking and eventually pushing itself up off the ground. Standing on his feet, the man looked around with wary eyes. Sokyoku Hill? How did I end up here?
Looking to the setting sun, more questions arose. How long has it been? He looked down, seeing the tattered remnants of his haori. Well, that's just great. Deciding it was beyond repair, he took off the Captain's robe, or what was left, throwing it to the wind. I should probably get back to the barracks. Maybe some rest will help clear my head.
Zizibolt
Zizibolt
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Zizibolt
Title: 3rd Squad Captain
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Sokyoku Hill Empty Re: Sokyoku Hill

Post by jetxtreme Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:19 am

Starting with couple of warm up exercises to begin his training, Shinku began his daily routinary training still hoping that one day, his busy captain would come to him and teach him something new. It's already since Azulana recruited him as a shinigami of squad 6. He never trains at the squad training grounds since he is that comfortable with a crowd being near him. He discovered the quiet place of Sokyoku while loitering once around seireiter, anyway it isn't that hard to notice this high hill from afar.

"205,206,207,208..." He isn't even half tired yet but Shinku chose to stop the push up exercise out of boredom. He doesn't seem to be as determined in training as he was before he entered Seireitei. Perhaps it's the peaceful and more classy environment that made Shinku forget he is on a dream to avenge his clan's death or simply of a disappointment to learn something new upon entering Seireitei but he doesn't seem to find something that would interest him. He sat down on the dirts of sokyoku hill with his legs wide open resting on both his hands as a slacker would sit. (Perhaps I should go on the sword routine, or should I peek at the academy to study on those spells...hmmm...) Shinku thought as a yawn involuntarily stretched his mouth.

(What am doing here anyway?) Shinku stood up stretched a bit and drew his sword. He held it upward with his hand stretched in front of him and watched at the sword.

(There, awaken that thing and i'll be your sensei) Those are words from Hotaru, an old acquaintance he met once in his journey. "Still now I don't get what he meant by that. How the hell am I gonna wake this thing up?" He continued staring for a while then decided to start swinging it. He did the routines Bullet once thought him. He is hoping that he would be able to wake the sword up when he polishes his sword skill. He did a couple of routines and again stopped. "This is foolishness! How am I supposed to get stronger with these same old techniques? I should have not come here. I would have learned a lot more in the streets."

He looked in his left and saw a huge pole tied with several thick ropes securing it to the ground. He stared up following the upper end of the pole and noticed a huge broken halberd blade on it's tip. "Come to think of it I have been training here for a week now but this huge thing never comes to my attention". In his curiosity, he walked closer to the pole planning to touch the ropes tied in it but when he is an armlength away from it, fear began to come at him. Something seems to tell him not to touch the thing nor to come near it. "What could this huge weapon be? Why is it placed in here?" He stared up shading his eyes with his left hand from the bright noon sunlight still holding the sword on his right.
jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Ashikaga Shinku
Title: Renegade Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:55 am

"It's the sword of execution. Destroyed by a rouge Ryoka before our times"

What...? Where did that voice even come from? It had been at least ten years since he last snuck in, holding his reiatsu down to avoid detection. The boy may not of seen him due to covering his eyes from the light. Standing atop the cracked tip if the halberd, stood in a boy in normal Shinigami robes. Hanging from his right arm though, was a worn Haori.

"Do you fear this blade.... Boy? I can understand. Due to our... Affliction.... It knows we are violating soul society. It can taste it.... It wants to slay us."

This boy was the reason Kurome sneaked back in. He felt him one day in the human realm.... For him to feel such from a distance... He needed this boy.

"Where are my manners though? I am Izangai Kurome.... Former captain of Sqaud Two. And you?"

As he spoke, he turned his head to the side, over-looking the whole of Seritei. She would be returning soon, or perhaps she was back. To be honest... He wanted to see her again, but that was an emotion better left forgotten. Especially if her captain was of Squad seven.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Setoku Shinamori
Title: God-King\\Traitor of the Shinamori Clan\\Hollow God of Destruction
Race: Bount

Back to top Go down

Post by jetxtreme Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:34 am

"It's the sword of execution..."

He was startled at the sudden sound of a voice from above. There was no prior sound of entrance nor a mere feeling of presence from another being. It's as if a ghost suddenly appeared but of course they are all souls. He is trying to peek beyond his left hand seeing the form of what seemed a boy with the bright ray of the sun in it's background. Though a bit covering the light rays, some still reach his eyes making the appearance of the boy on the tip of the halberd blurred to Shinku.

"Do you fear this blade..."

He wants to turn his look away from the boy as the sunlight still hurts his eyes but it seems that all over the place he is required to watch his manners, so he keeps his stare at the being who is talking to him. He keeps listening as he doesn't know how to respond to the boy's previous statement.

"...I am Izangai Kurome..."

Of course this means he is supposed to introduce himself back. He breathed deeply to gather some air and tries to speak in a loud voice making sure the boy on the tip hears him. "My name is Shinku, Ashikaga Shinku." He was about to say the squad from where he is but he seemed to forget what it is "Uhmmm...I'm with Azulana...errr...Ukatakko...sama" He is still getting himself used to addressing people properly as he was raised from the streets and it's only been a week when Azulana, Captain of the Sixth Division welcomed him in. (I hope he didn't notice me calling that old lady by her first name) He hoped in his mind while thinking of another word or two to continue the conversation.

Getting on the top of the halberd itself isn't easy and on top of that, the being did it unnoticed by Shinku. (He must've had the same skill as Bullet...no way stronger than her...perhaps even stronger than Hotaru. How should I address him?). Being almost used to the ray of sunlight, the image of the boy is slowly getting clearer and clearer to him. The first he noticed was the white robe hanging from his right arm. (That is the same as the old lady's robe. He must be of the same position as her)

"Thank you for speaking to a humble peasant as myself Ku...errr...Izangai...sama". (Darn when would I get used to this manner of speaking?) He bowed his head as respect to the boy he thought of the same rank as his Captain. (Should I ask him to train me? Or would that be too much since we just met. Is my manner of speaking proper enough? Jeez this is really troublesome.) He instead kept his bow waiting for the boy's next statement.
jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:36 pm

"Azulana-chan is still in charge, huh?"

Either the boy didn't notice, or cared that the boy was having trouble with his proper speaking. The boy bowed low, and Kurome could only smile. How long had it been since any Shinigami bowed to him? Let alone treated him with any form of respect?

"You are most curious, Shinku-kun. To address an ex-Captain, let alone a criminal with such respect..."

This time though, the voice came from next to him, not above. He moved insanely fast, and quiet. Clearly his skills hadn't dulled. The boy would feel a hand on his back, and then feel himself be pulled back up out of the bow.

"I might be your superior, at one time, but there is no need to bow. As I said, former. Now let me ask you..."

Kurome smiled inwardly - It would take time, but it could be done.

"What are you doing up here at executioners hill?"
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jetxtreme Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:56 pm

"You are most curious, Shinku-kun. To address an ex-Captain, let alone a criminal with such respect..."

Yet again, he was startled by the fact that by just a matter of seconds, the boy moved next to him without Shinku ever noticing a slight movement. (That was insane! He should really be my sensei! But wait...did he say criminal?) Again startled by a sudden grip of a hand on his back pulling him up from the bow. Shinku could not look straight at the boy for a while as he is still contemplating on what his reaction should be.

"I might be your superior, at one time, but there is no need to bow. As I said, former. Now let me ask you..."

(Yeah he did say former. hmmm....captain...indeed that's how most address the old lady. Still now he's a criminal. What's he doing here? Should I ask?) Perhaps the shock of the sudden events or it's just Shinku is thinking too much that he stood a bit stiff maintaining his stare forward.

"What are you doing up here at executioners hill?"

Again startled, Shinku kept his stare forward without him noticing it. (Ok...now should I answer to him? Should I even continue to speak with him? But what am I to do, obviously an attempt to evade conversation would be futile let alone dangerous as I'm sure I would be dead meat if I piss him off. But what if anyone sees me speaking with a criminal?) A bit of silence. Calmly he slowly faced the boy with his head lying low. "I chose this place to train myself as I prefer a serene place for myself. Ukatakko-sa...(Wait that should be taicho now but do I really have to watch my honorifics with him?) errr...taicho is too busy, I think she forgot that she told me she would ask somebody to show me around and train me"  

He realized that the only option is to speak and answer his questions. He doesn't feel of any dangerous intent from the boy anyway and nobody else seem to be around. Indeed from a week of daily going back to the hill doing his routine made him certain that no one else would come by the place.

"Your skills are impressive Izangai-sama. Would you by any chance...(Wait what am I saying...he's still a criminal. Should I really ask him to train me? What if someone would find out? What if the old lady finds out? But I can't let this chance slip out of me. Nevertheless...can I really ask of anything from him? Oh well... whatever... I am pretty sure he would not at least do anything violent with it. He seemed nice in spite being a criminal) ...errr...train this lowly peasant?" Still gathering his courage as he speak, all he can do now is to hope that at least the boy's response would be something he can take.
jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:28 am

Kurome smiled inwardly. This boy... Indeed, Kurome had made the correct choice here. He kept the excitement he felt hidden from his face, though, and merely gazed at the boy. As if bored.

"Trained.... By me? And what makes you think you can handle training on the level of the Assassin Corp., hmmm?"

The boy was careful in his words, though, and seem to weigh them out. He may make the perfect Assassin, in reality. He showed no fear toward Kurome, which was good. But his maturity seemed to wane slightly. Clearly, that fool Azulana was still lacking. Foolish girl.

"Another question is... Why would you ask such of me? A criminal of soul society, a danger to the likes of even the Captain Commander himself? What if I merely used you to further my gains? Are you prepared for such?"
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jetxtreme Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:15 am

Indeed as Shinku feared it, there are consequences for his request. (If it's by difficulty, I am willing to endure anything, exert all effort I can just to be stronger...) Had Kurome's challenge ended on the first phrase, the answer would've been easy for Shinku. He has already gone through a lot of difficulties and long has he prepared himself for anything no matter how complicated it may be so he can have revenge. But to be used as a tool in exchange for power...and on top of that, he might be a criminal himself in pursuit of the revenge he wants.

There was a long time of silence. Shinku again bowed his head (...but yes why him...after all he is a criminal...an enemy of this society...just like those bandits...will I let him use me...yet here is now my chance.  What will I do?)  "Can you make me stronger?" ...still in his bowed head, he is not even through in coming to a definite decision for himself. Perhaps he just want a reason...no he is looking for something that would make him break all the principles he has for the vengeance that he seeks. After all he endured the wrath of the streets to get stronger, he suffered loneliness so he won't get retracted from his dream, he accepted Azulana's invitation...so he can gain more power. Now it is within his grasp.

Shinku finally stared at Kurome's face, directly in his eyes and it is his first time to really see what he looks like. He was a bit surprised that he was actually speaking to a mere boy, perhaps someone near his age only a bit older. Yet the skills Kurome showed so far makes him look through this boy's physical appearance. He keeps his eye in contact as he waits for Kurome's response.
jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:03 pm

"You seek power, but not for powers sake. I know much about you, Shinku-kun. I have studied you, watched you. The day you gained the same affliction as me was the day you will love forever."

The boy was gone again, only to appear behind Shinku. His arms dropping over the boys shoulders. What...?

"I want you to do one thing first. In Kyoto, there is a distrct. Built of warehouses and factory's. That is where I will begin your training. But first..."

Kurome leaned in close, his lips centimeters from Shinku's ear. Was he coming on to him or something?!

"Say goodbye to everyone you know. To the ones you love. To your foolish captain. And once you do, I want you to write a letter to your captain. Leave it in her desk. This letter must say... I have Izangai's blessing to join his army. Goodbye. Once you do all this, meet me in the warehouse district."

And like that, the boy was gone. If Shinku were to of been getting a feel for Kurome's reiatsu, oddly, he would of felt the hollow in it. Would he question it? Or would he follow? This was the final test. A voice range through Shinku's ear as Kurome disappeared

"With me, together, we will avenge your clan."

Kurome left the boy where he was, and headed to see her... One more time before he met the boy in Kyoto.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jetxtreme Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:22 am

"...I know much about you, Shinku-kun..."

Shinku flinched upon hearing those words. Who is this Kurome really? What does he know about Shinku and why, how? Perhaps he was thinking too much that he didn't notice the boy's disappearance he only became aware when he felt Kurome's hand on his shoulders. (When did he...)

"I want you to do one thing first. In Kyoto..."

(Kyoto? Did he say Kyoto? Does he really want me to go there?) It is not that he is afraid, but he does not know how. Indeed Rukongai has been his place all his life and he has been to Seireitei for only a week and never even entered the academy. (Kyoto...that's in the world of the living isn't it? Is it really possible for a soul to come back to the world of the living?)

"But first..."

He felt the boy's face coming really close to him.

"Say goodbye to everyone you know...I want you to write a letter to your captain. Leave it in her desk..."

Shinku if it is not in the presence of Kurome would've scratched his head but he trained himself not to show shame in the presence of anyone. How could a boy living in the streets learn to write? (Well perhaps i can omit that letter thing. It's not that I don't respect her but this is an opportunity I can't just let pass. There is none that I know of this place anyway and my captain being too busy...I'd surely be able to sneak out without her noticing. But still how am I to go to Kyoto?)  

And finally Kurome was gone...and yet a voice of his echoed from afar...

"With me, together, we will avenge your clan."

That changed Shinku's mood from a state of confusion to a more determined mood. (Yes...that's what I need...vengeance. And this my first test, if I can't go to Kyoto all will be lost. I'll find my way there)

Shinku then sheathed his sword and started to walk down from Sokyoku hill. Who Kurome really is, is still a puzzle to him but he seemed not to care at all. If it'll lead to his destruction, he doesn't care anymore...

...vengeance...the thing he has sought for a long time is finally within his grasp...

...and his journey to fulfill it now begins.

-Shinku's journey continues here : Shinku's Room
jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content