World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.....`Sigh` Ok....

4 posters

Go down

.....`Sigh` Ok.... Empty .....`Sigh` Ok....

Post by Setoku Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:50 am

So... I've noticed a few things and.... Wrong explanations going on in this board. The introduction of Canon Characters is allowed ---- Too an extent. A small extent. This board was originally created for more.... Fantasy minded individuals whom created their own characters - From scratch or inspiration. And yes, while there is no story currently at the moment, there will be one.

It is with literally no consideration I say this.... The story will NOT contain ANY Bleach Canon characters. The board allows some people to bring over their in-game characters, but with actual backstory to them - And while they are say.... Leader of Squad 1 in game, or Espada 1 - That is where they lead. In-game. Just because you achieved a video game rank does not mean you have the ability to write, nor hold that role indefinitely in the RP realm.

Why you ask...? Because in RP, on this board especially, your character can, and will be killed. That is in the RP story, though - Thus, you could say... Go to the "Background" section or Story section of the RP board, and have a full on RP about your Badass Ingame character in there who never dies, and RPs with others who do the same. The no death rule applies there, and no one can randomly step in and kill all of you there.

Plus, if you bring over your Captain-Rank In-game character here... And RP say... Like this...

"I are swing my swords at ur neck, u die."

.......Yeah... You'll get killed. Because on this board, you must be descriptive, and show your strategy in writing proving your rank, and why you deserve it. You must be creative, and well thought out. Deaths can happen here - And while they can be contested, a Gillian could come in and out write a... Vasto Lorde, per ci... and kill him.

Does anyone get what I'm saying yet?

You can bring your ingame character here, sure - He can have the name of a Canon character, but he is not a canon character, his story is different, his rank is different - UNLESS he proves othewise. In-game and this RP board are not one in the same... That simple.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Setoku Shinamori
Title: God-King\\Traitor of the Shinamori Clan\\Hollow God of Destruction
Race: Bount

Back to top Go down

.....`Sigh` Ok.... Empty Re: .....`Sigh` Ok....

Post by straywolf174 Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:39 am

As both a mod and a long time rp board enthusiast, I second this fully.
I also said most of it in two boards while explaining things (and in the guidelines) but nonetheless, it's nice to have it in pretty announcement form.

Maybe now people won't be too confused...maybe.
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Sara Shinamori
Title: Former Queen of Hueco Mundo // Former Cero Espada // Fallen Guardian of the Shinamori Clan // The stray wolf of the Desert
Race: Hollow

https://lucid-wanderlust.tumblr.com/page/2

Back to top Go down

Post by jetxtreme Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:54 am

Now this could be a start of something good.
jetxtreme
jetxtreme
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Ashikaga Shinku
Title: Renegade Shinigami
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:46 pm

And Another thing.... Stray is literally my left hand. What she says goes, even if I said otherwise.

Why...? Because I'm having PC trouble, and using a phone is not the way to RP for me.... So until I get this worked out.... She's the boss. Plain and simple. And you ignore her.... She'll tell me, and.... I'm not half as forgiving as my vain princess :/ so keep that in mind.

And Jet! I haven't forgotten. Like I said, PC problems. We doing this... Soon :D
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximillion Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:42 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated Information for Roleplay on the Forums

1. In-Game is separate from RP.

2. Canons may be allowed in-game, but not in the RP.
3. Superior writing effort+ability will win a skirmish, faster than 
just having a high-tier (Captain/Espada/etc) RP Character.
4. Avoiding all hits, taking no damage, etc. is still a no-no. Nobody is a God.
5. Metagaming (knowing something not revealed in-character) is against the rules.
6. Controlling other people's characters is an RP taboo, and unacceptable.
7. Anyone can die in a Death-Enabled thread, and many might!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes?
Maximillion
Maximillion
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Maximillion VonMitternacht
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Correct. Although, with explicit permission you may control someone else's character.... Though not in Skirmish setting... Which I think you meant, so yes, you got it.
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximillion Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:35 pm

Some people are skittish about doing so, but plotting ahead can really prevent a lot of the issues and arguments that sometimes occur. Even for people who like to let their characters off their Author's proverbial 'leash', just setting a general plotline (ie: "Our characters will fight, but something will distract them halfway through, and they will go fight hollows", etc) or a general outcome (ie: "they will fight it out, but <name> will barely scrape by a win") can let people exercise their freedoms, but still be on the same page with how things play out.

I don't mind a character of mine taking a beating. Whether you're into Western Comics (DC/Marvel/etc), Eastern (Bleach/Dragon Ball/Fairy Tail/etc), or just the shows and movies, you know... nobody becomes EPIC without getting their butts kicked a lot, sometimes losing teeth, losing an arm, etc.

I've found that it helps to play characters who aren't 'so awesome' that they can't get beaten into unconsciousness a number of times by enemy characters, on their path to greatness....not just in flashbacks, but in actual RP Threads with other Authors.

Getting comfortable doing that, will really (speaking from recent experience) help one grow (naturally, comfortably) as a writer! Smile
Maximillion
Maximillion
Student
Student

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by straywolf174 Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Maximillion wrote:Some people are skittish about doing so, but plotting ahead can really prevent a lot of the issues and arguments that sometimes occur. Even for people who like to let their characters off their Author's proverbial 'leash', just setting a general plotline (ie: "Our characters will fight, but something will distract them halfway through, and they will go fight hollows", etc) or a general outcome (ie: "they will fight it out, but <name> will barely scrape by a win") can let people exercise their freedoms, but still be on the same page with how things play out.

I don't plot a lot of stuff out here personally because my devotion weighs on another more advanced setting that requires a heck of a lot more of my time BUT I do fully agree that plotting is an essential part of roleplay. Roleplay is a collaborative effort, and plotting can usually be the most fun part of it all. Coming up with idea's and fanguying together is always a helluva way to become online buds.

Maximillion wrote:
I don't mind a character of mine taking a beating. Whether you're into Western Comics (DC/Marvel/etc), Eastern (Bleach/Dragon Ball/Fairy Tail/etc), or just the shows and movies, you know... nobody becomes EPIC without getting their butts kicked a lot, sometimes losing teeth, losing an arm, etc.

Agreed, and sometimes having a character-babe grow from the beatings are the most exciting moments. Bring on the pain!

Not that Stray lost to Seto or anything...ahem...

Maximillion wrote:
I've found that it helps to play characters who aren't 'so awesome' that they can't get beaten into unconsciousness a number of times by enemy characters, on their path to greatness....not just in flashbacks, but in actual RP Threads with other Authors.

Getting comfortable doing that, will really (speaking from recent experience) help one grow (naturally, comfortably) as a writer! Smile

Getting comfortable with a lot of things means you grow as a writer, you're right. I appreciate the effort you make here Exodus, it's a huge reliever and a really fun thing to see.
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Sara Shinamori
Title: Former Queen of Hueco Mundo // Former Cero Espada // Fallen Guardian of the Shinamori Clan // The stray wolf of the Desert
Race: Hollow

https://lucid-wanderlust.tumblr.com/page/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximillion Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:22 pm

straywolf174 wrote:Getting comfortable with a lot of things means you grow as a writer, you're right. I appreciate the effort you make here Exodus, it's a huge reliever and a really fun thing to see.

I really appreciate the acknowledgment, and appreciation I get from you. I know there will come times (inevitably, as is okay) when we may not see eye-to-eye as much as we have thus far, but I really am thankful that I've met someone else who seems to have a certain aura of Awareness about them.

I don't always have to agree with somebody, or be on their wavelength, but it helps if they understand that their views aren't the be-all-end-all.....but their wit, intellect, and the breadth of their insight is such that you actually feel confident you can grow and improve from your interactions with them.

I hope to do some RPing with you, and engage in some more thought-provoking conversations with you! Smile

PS: It is also nice to not have people always trying to lower my self esteem, and telling me I'm a nobody and nobody likes me. It's astonishing, both as Recipient and Sender, how invigorating and refreshing that level of baser human respect can be. Smile
Maximillion
Maximillion
Student
Student

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum