World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removal of tiered PVP & shikai/bankai release disabling

+4
Riddick
Grimmjow
Hitori
Haruchi
8 posters

Go down

Would this affect the PVP in a positive manner by increasing the PVP activity while not making things "unfair"?

Removal of tiered PVP & shikai/bankai release disabling I_vote_lcap80%Removal of tiered PVP & shikai/bankai release disabling I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 16 ]
Removal of tiered PVP & shikai/bankai release disabling I_vote_lcap20%Removal of tiered PVP & shikai/bankai release disabling I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 20

Removal of tiered PVP & shikai/bankai release disabling Empty Removal of tiered PVP & shikai/bankai release disabling

Post by Haruchi Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:40 pm

Main suggestion:

Removing tiers, enabling attacking one rank lower/higher always, and disabling shikai & bankai releasing when attacking a rank that doesn't have it, making the outcome depend purely on store moves and stats?

The idea is based on the gripe of higher ranked players lacking people to attack as well as the reason for PVP tiers to exist being the possession of shikai/bankai - or rather the lack of it in rank 4 and rank 5. There's also the major powerspike between R7 and R8 annihilating R7s, making it a "dead rank that is now only a bridge
to get to R8", much like R5. Much of this is combined from and base on social posts.

The current PVP tiers are as follows:

Rank 3 - Rank 4
Rank 5 - Rank 6
Rank 7 - Rank 8

Going by this suggestion, the new tier would be:

Rank 3: R3 and R4
Rank 4: R3, R4 and R5
Rank 5: R4, R5 and R6
Rank 6: R5, R6 and R7
Rank 7: R6, R7 and R8
Rank 8: R7 and R8

Note that the ranks 3 and 8 wouldn't be affected, but the change would improve the current state of R5 and R7.

Those are also the ranks that would get affected by the disabling of shikai and bankai releases in battle: if an R5 player attacks an R4 player, they cannot use their release. As in the quote, I'd imagine the fight would become dependant on store moves, their levels and stats - which sounds reasonable. The removal of tiered PVP shouldn't screw over the rankholders due to the latter change.
Haruchi
Haruchi
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name: Bleh.
Title: Bleh'er.
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Removal of tiered PVP & shikai/bankai release disabling Empty Re: Removal of tiered PVP & shikai/bankai release disabling

Post by Hitori Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Personally I don't think this isn't such a bad idea, however I could see a couple changes/"improvements" to the suggested design.

1) The rank restriction could be lifted either:
    A) Inside opposite race's base
    B) Outside both race's base

2) This can work with either A or B above:
    A) Instead of taking away 1st/2cnd release, it could remain in place. (Could poll users in game if this idea is accepted.)
Hitori
Hitori
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Removal of tiered PVP & shikai/bankai release disabling Empty Re: Removal of tiered PVP & shikai/bankai release disabling

Post by Grimmjow Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Would this include same race pvp? I would love for this to be implemented, but with that being said in my opinion this seems very unfair. A capped rank 6 doesn't stand a chance against a mid rank 7 even if they don't use bankai.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruchi Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Grimmjow wrote:Would this include same race pvp? I would love for this to be implemented, but with that being said in my opinion this seems very unfair. A capped rank 6 doesn't stand a chance against a mid rank 7 even if they don't use bankai.

Don't think it would...though, hell, it could. The main PVP part is attacking opposing race so it's unlikely. A capped R6 could use bankai against an R7 member, but not R5 member.
Haruchi
Haruchi
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:14 am

With the removal of the rank barrier like Hitori said, then it would give the lower ranks a better chance to win. With the current rank barriers, lower ranks will have no chance in winning, unless you are fighting someone that is really weak. But even with the rank barrier removed it will still be difficult for most lower levels to even have a chance in winning. The advantage of first release and second release is to great of an advantage against players who don't have them. Lsm can just re-implement the ability to attack any level of the opposite race that comes into your base to prevent invasions. But I thought Lsm implemented invasions so that the higher ranks wouldn't complain about not having enough chance for pvping.

Riddick
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead_pool Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm

I like the removal of rank barrier, I think anyone who is attacking the base should be game, not to mention people who are low rank are complaining that they have no pvp to rank up. Riddick we still don't get enough pvp because when we invade they hide in barracks. I get maybe 2 kills when I invade...very rarely 5 kills, if this was implemented what Hitori offered would still be less pvp but a better chance to pvp.
Dead_pool
Dead_pool
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Dormammu
Title: Dread Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruchi Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:28 am

As a note, sadly, the lower ranked PVP seems to be even deader than before invasion somehow.
Haruchi
Haruchi
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by LuluViBritannia Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:37 am

This would be amazing.
LuluViBritannia
LuluViBritannia
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Lulu
Title: Espada 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead_pool Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:51 am

Yep then peeps be like "Hey I need pvp" I will say 'Sure come to 13.13 KC..." whamo pvp for em and them...Pvp should get more rewards too, people will strive for it then...something that helps with training, people will love that...
Dead_pool
Dead_pool
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:28 pm

I would rather Kyoto just go back to the way it used to be. Where everyone was free game to be attacked.

Riddick
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimmjow Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:30 pm

To help the lower rank players who need pvp maybe there could be an option in the setting page that when activated allows any rank to attack them. This would guarantee them pvp if they need it, and it wont force them to fight someone who is several ranks above them if the don't want to.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedox-149 Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:38 am

Trust me R7 is now a completely dead rank where you only get killed by R8 nd yet cant attack an immediate rank below ,its best if the rank barriers are lifted so that things go back to how they were cos things are getting really boring with no intresting matches

Zedox-149
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Removal of tiered PVP & shikai/bankai release disabling Empty Rank barriers btwn immediate ranks should be removed

Post by Zedox-149 Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:44 am

I agree with haruchi's new pvp idea

Zedox-149
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:01 pm

I say any opposite race in your base should be fair game >:D
Greed
Greed
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead_pool Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:15 pm

Good luck with that...
Dead_pool
Dead_pool
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down