World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Soul Reaper, Jimmy Taylor appears

3 posters

Go down

The Secret Soul Reaper, Jimmy Taylor appears Empty The Secret Soul Reaper, Jimmy Taylor appears

Post by Killaz Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:02 am

Name: Jimmy Taylor
Race: Shinigami
Squad/Fraccion: Squad 8

Description:
Spoiler:
Zan/Res: Aksakof (Release - Warp the Mind...Aksakof!!!)(the last name person who came up with the name Telekinesis).  A simple, orange/gold sword, slightly wider and larger than its base form.  Although the sword itself has no special functions (i.e. no added sharpness or weightless etc) however it grants the Soul Reaper the power of Telekinesis/Pschokinesis.  However it is largely dependant on the enemy they face.  When battling a group of normal hollows, it is easily possible to hold them in place by sheer force of will from a great distance, however against more powerful enemies, who could resist such feats, it is less effective and would serve only as a means of being able to repel an attack or to throw far off objects.  With such a hindrence against high levelled opponents, Jimmy has come up with his own style of fighting, using his Psychokinesis abilities granted to him in Shikai, he can control his sword without actually holding it.  This allows him to fight enemies from a great distance, making him a unique long-range swordsman.  His best technique in this form however is the Zen Suisei (Zen Comet) Utilising the Psycho and Telekinetic abilities his Shikai grants, Jimmy can form a large sphere of red energy around himself, this can then be fired in a number of different ways.

Bankai/RSE: Sin Aksakof (Release - Fear the greatest darkness, Sin Aksakof).  Jimmy sprouts two black wings, two horns produce from his head, his pupils growl red, and a strange marking appears down one side of his face.  The left arm of his kimono is ripped away, revealing strange markings that look like ancient writing, and the symbol of the crescent moon is shown above his left pec.  Jimmy has no new abilities in this form (since his main abilities are granted during Shikai form) This form is simply a power booster, that enhances his abilities.
(I'm aware Bankai isn't available from the start, its just here so I don't forget it)

Background (optional): As far as anyone could tell, Jimmy Taylor was your average Soul Reaper.  He had shown good marks at the Academy, nothing special, but enough to get him noticed.  His abilities were above par, showing good capabilities with a in the three main Arts of Zanjutsu, Hakuda, and Kido, but again, most people's comments would have simply been "Not bad."  None of this bothered Jimmy though.  Very quickly he was recruited into Squad 8, and over time he was given the position of 5th Seat.  The Captain had often spoken with him and asked what Jimmy thought his future hold, to which Jimmy would always reply with "Sometimes its best not to ponder on things we cannot change." This might seem a moody answer, which it was, but Jimmy was in fact a reasonably happy go-lucky person.  You wouldn't see him moping about the barracks, you might catch him lazing around when he should be doing his duties, but overall he wasn't a bad person to be around. In fact he had a heart of gold, and would sacrifice his life to save someone, although he would never say it out loud.

The one problem most Soul Reapers had with Jimmy was his secrecy.  For all his time spent among them, no one knew what he was interested in, what he liked doing during his time off, or even his favorite drink.  He simply turned up, did his job, and disappeared.  After awhile people simply stopped asking, turning away with "Ahh if you don't wanna talk about it thats fine."  But there was always one man who kept an eye on him, and that man was the Captain.  For Jimmy did have a secret, a secret he would take to his grave.  But he was growing uneasy, agitated, and paranoid.  For he was worrying that his secret may soon be revealed, and if that happened, everything would change.

Killaz
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

The Secret Soul Reaper, Jimmy Taylor appears Empty Re: The Secret Soul Reaper, Jimmy Taylor appears

Post by Lust Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:55 am

I feel as if your description of the shikai's abilities and it's moves are too vague and leave too much room for misinterpretation. Also, the main powers being granted in shikai does not sit well with me.... Mainly because in the long run, there would be no need to develop a bankai until a prestigious rank of Lt. or even Captaincy is within your grasp
Lust
Lust
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Zak
Title: Adjuchas
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

The Secret Soul Reaper, Jimmy Taylor appears Empty Re: The Secret Soul Reaper, Jimmy Taylor appears

Post by Killaz Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:20 pm

Hmm I see, well allow me to try and elaborate. First of all, the mental power gained during Shikai is not all that powerful, as it is based on the willpower and mental strength of the user, therefore it gets stronger as the person gets stronger (like most abilities.) That being said, is why its only effective against weak enemies, such as being able to push away and pin down groups of Hollows, however with enough training and dedication, it may be able to topple a Menos. That's one ability.

The second ability is that using the Telekinetic power, the Soul Reaper can control his sword from a far away distance, meaning the enemy is fighting the sword, but would struggle to get past and close enough to attack the Soul Reaper. Again this is purely based on the Soul Reaper's sword skill, as if he cannot wield a sword well, a strong enemy could easily break past, and attack.

The final ability, the Signature Technique if you will, The Zen Suisei, is simply energy created from the mind. Using that energy the Soul Reaper can form a sphere of energy around himself. He can then utilise that energy how he wants, he can fire it towards his opponent for a blast attack, he could rush towards his enemy whilst coated in the sphere for a charge attack, he could shatter the sphere and send the shards flying for a slash style of attack, etc. This is dependant on the imagination of the user.

The main point I am trying to make is that this is far from an OP Shikai, as it gets better as the person gets better. So it will be very strong at Lieutenant and Captain level, which any Shikai should be. However it simply wouldn't be as effective against other high ranked officers. That's why the Bankai is important. Its okay to rely on Shikai at low levels, but the Bankai's ability booster would allow the Soul Reaper to hold his own against Captains and Espada. I hope that makes more sense. The Bankai would not be available until that time anyway, its just been put there so I don't forget the idea Smile

Killaz
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Azula Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:54 am

I know you said 5th seat...and I am considering it...but base rank? Senior Squad Member, Officer...?
Azula
Azula
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Elise Van Andel
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaz Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:43 am

I don't mind what rank I am at all to be honest. I can change it to a much lower seat. I origanally put 8th Seat. Would that be better? =]

Killaz
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Azula Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:40 am

Go ahead and put...idk, 5th? For now. We'll see about promoting you once we get a better idea of your RPing skillz and whatnot~

I'll put Officer for base rank if you're fine with it xD
Azula
Azula
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Elise Van Andel
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaz Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:02 am

Yes this is fine, officer for Base Class...for some reason its not letting me edit my original post, but now it says "5th Seat (If possible)

Killaz
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaz Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi...so what happens now? Do I need a post made in the right start off point or do I do that myself? Cheers. =]

Killaz
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down