World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traveling Alteration

+6
orosan
Phantom
Tachi
neji2k
Haruchi
Ezoroth
10 posters

Go down

Traveling Alteration Empty Traveling Alteration

Post by Ezoroth Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Also how about traveling taking up stamina and energy. People may complain and what not, but atleast the people who don't want to fight can run away without being chased down constantly, because those who don't wanna waste energy won't chase them down.

Or maybe they will because the opponent is now tired xD

If traveling took away pools slightly? It would make those who want to keep there pools not chase down those who don't care about pools and want to stay away from fights. That and it would making hunting harder, because if both opponents were low on pools due to running around, they'd have to have a longer fight in order to re-charge pools.

Also I already don't see that much strategy, mostly everybody just tries to get the first hit and stay out of the range of a certain attack. Not much else than that.

Doesn't have to be a big drain,

Hello Everybody!

As you can see, this is an idea I have for Traveling. I say that it should drain your pools SLIGHTLY for moving, meaning like 10 of both stamina/spirit energy per movement. You can run away from those stronger opponents for quite a while before being caught. Also those hunters don't want to waste too much of their pools traveling because then they won't be able to fight the opponent when they run out of their pools, so that would mess up their fighting.

For strategically messing up a fight, the only time I see people try and use a strategic plan is whenever they're losing drastically and they have a trick up their sleeve, so they initiate a plan that they've been thinking about or something like that, this would promote that a bit if they are low on pools.

I don't think that traveling from one dimension to the other should take pools away (Hueco Mundo/Soul Society to Kyoto and Vice Versa.) but if it did than it should be about double that of which it takes to move once on travel, maybe more.

Or one regeneration of pools.

NOW, Idea 2

Why not for your range, it shows you the dot colors/miniature avatars of another player, and you could use that as your awesome addition! Instead of "Search Area" you could replace it with "Attack". I don't like having to switch between "Search Area" and "Travel" constantly, because it makes running away harder, or catching an opponent harder. If you have it in travel, it'll make chases longer and more interesting.

Forget the avatar part, too small in travel. However, if you could re-color your dot to any color you want, wouldn't that be awesome? Also search area, doesn't that annoy you people sometimes? Why can't the people just show up on the travel map whenever they're in range, and the "Search Area" just be replaced by "Attack", which looks like "Search Area" except it tells you the details of the opponents in your square.
Ezoroth
Ezoroth
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Nathan
Title:
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Traveling Alteration Empty Re: Traveling Alteration

Post by Haruchi Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:06 am

1. The whole traveling draining pools thing:

Why mess up their hunt? For easier AP gain for players who camp in Kyoto?
Newsflash: You CAN train without AP! Something many, too many, seem to have forgotten about. Hunting is an exciting and thrilling part of the game and PvP system, at least it's how I see it.

2. Re-colour of the dot was already suggested by Arctic in the very thread these ideas are from. No hogging ideas.

3. Elaborate. What details? The name and such? Search Area could stay as it is even if its functions are changed into those.

Travel page showing opponent's dots in sight? I don't mind. Sounds interesting.
Haruchi
Haruchi
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name: Bleh.
Title: Bleh'er.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezoroth Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:20 am

1. Ok. Only reason I suggest this is so that hunting WILL have both its pros and cons, also it'll keep those who are trying to find weaker prey, if they run across this person they can start running away. However if you're hunted down and chased by this prey, you'll be left defenseless due to being tired out.

(I sense realism there.)

2. Oops, forgot about that. I thought it was only pictures for a sec xD

3. Level, Name, PVP W/L Ratio. Anything else that you'd need to know about your opponent to give you a general idea of if they're stronger/weaker. (I do not mean stats.)

4. I forgot an idea, high speed movement skill effecting travel! See, I've seen HSM skill only effect PvP, but how about it effects travel too? Giving you an extra square (How about two?) in travel for every extra square you have in PvP. It would make sense to be able to travel over multiple squares since your HSM makes your "shunpo" better (Lets you travel over a longer distance with less steps right?) in PvP. Why doesn't it effect normal travel?
Ezoroth
Ezoroth
Student
Student

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by neji2k Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:03 am

...nonsense idea plz admins do not let this happen...

pools for traveling...lets be serious

and arctics idea is good but lsm already has something like that being made

neji2k
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Tachi Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:29 am

I saw taking pools and said nope. Get better at the pvp Smile
Tachi
Tachi
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:23 am

not pools, but if there is one more bar, like "Travel Stamina" or "Travel Fatigue" its okay i think, just make them regen like 10~30secs. ;D
Phantom
Phantom
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezoroth Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:00 am

You guys, you skipped the other ideas.

Also Tachi, please don't jump conclusions by saying that I need to get better at PVP, honestly I can take on those around my level decently without much of a problem, it's those at higher level. Keep that kind of stuff out of my thread.

So. I guess we can scratch that idea off the list, but you guys have yet to say anything about the HSM giving more squares in Travel too, the idea of the other people showing up on travel as dots also. Why do you skip over EVERY other idea because of ONE bad one?
Ezoroth
Ezoroth
Student
Student

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by orosan Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 am

well o_o...i nvr hunt so the pools is not my problem xD
and most of my in-game life i have been training without AP hence why i fall behind easily Dx
but if it drains pools, dont that mean the higher levels/ranks can hunt easier cuz they have higher pools?
a rank 7 chasing down a rank 6 ,the rank 6 guy would run out and cant run anymore and rank 7 guy would eat/beat him easily o_o;
================
i dont get that range thingie @~@
================
as for the replacement of search area thing, it sounds convenient, easier to track/chase ppl down while traveling ,but then the search area feature would be useless and nvr used as much o.o;

Last edited by orosan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos D:)
orosan
orosan
WoB Moderator
WoB Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Ωρωσαν
Title: Κωωκυ
Race: Fullbring

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruchi Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 am

1. Ok. Only reason I suggest this is so that hunting WILL have both its pros and cons, also it'll keep those who are trying to find weaker prey, if they run across this person they can start running away. However if you're hunted down and chased by this prey, you'll be left defenseless due to being tired out.

I see little need to make hunting more difficult than it already is with the tiered PvP. In HM & SS you have barrackses. In Kyoto, tiered PvP, and AP training isn't mandatory. So yes, that idea can be scratched from the list.

So. I guess we can scratch that idea off the list, but you guys have yet to say anything about the HSM giving more squares in Travel too, the idea of the other people showing up on travel as dots also.

At first glance this is a seemingly good idea. However, this, too, could make hunting more difficult - granted that it could also make it easier. HSM affecting the number of squares one can move in travel grid would give a good reason to train it. It's rather neglected at the moment, especially by spirit users.

as for the replacement of search area thing, it sounds convenient, easier to track/chase ppl down while traveling ,but then the search area feature would be useless and nvr used as much o.o;

The search area would be used solely for attacking and retain its current functions from what I understood. o/
Haruchi
Haruchi
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name: Bleh.
Title: Bleh'er.

Back to top Go down

Post by lyonin Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:58 am

The dots on the map would kill it for those who are camping in kyoto when Gan isn't hunting, just camping. Someone goes to travel just to go back to their home area and sees that there are campers. It would make it a lot easier for those hunting to hunt, I kinda enjoy the fact that you have to be quicker then the other person in order to catch them, but that is my personal reference.
lyonin
lyonin
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Lyonin
Title: Rogue
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by orosan Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 am

speaking of dots o.o
are ALL ranks gonna show up at teh travel page in dots?
with the rank restriction, it'll just confuse some ,we might chase down a dot who we cant even attack xD
unless you wanna put diff dot colors for diff ranks o.o...
orosan
orosan
WoB Moderator
WoB Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezoroth Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:04 am

orosan wrote:for the replacement of search area thing, it sounds convenient, easier to track/chase ppl down while traveling ,but then the search area feature would be useless and nvr used as much o.o;

Orosan Dx

What I meant was that for range it would show up on your map instead of in search area, and instead would of search area it would be more of attack.

Chi wrote:At first glance this is a seemingly good idea. However, this, too, could make hunting more difficult - granted that it could also make it easier. HSM affecting the number of squares one can move in travel grid would give a good reason to train it. It's rather neglected at the moment, especially by spirit users.

Well, it all depends on the user. Right now Zan skill and HSM are the main things I want to train, but that's because I like the benefits it gives me. Also it would encourage HSM training quite a bit, because then running from enemies/chasing enemies would be easier, and that's what the hunter/prey really likes. I'm a spirit user.

Oro wrote:speaking of dots o.o
are ALL ranks gonna show up at teh travel page in dots?
with the rank restriction, it'll just confuse some ,we might chase down a dot who we cant even attack xD
unless you wanna put diff dot colors for diff ranks o.o...

Well, it'd be quite un-necessary to provide the dots of those whom pose no threat to you or you can't attack, so it's best to probably have it not show those whom aren't in your rank/ranks of attack. Also the idea I made this for is the idea of custom colors, yet I saw no use to that unless you could see other dots around you.
Ezoroth
Ezoroth
Student
Student

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by orosan Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:29 pm

hmm we could try:

red dots enemies D:<
blue dots allies o_o
green dot, yourself x'D

kyoto would get colorful~ what an eyesore @~@
========
or instead plain and simple your the blue dot, and everyone else is red dot (only visible to your rank)

EXAMPLE:
a beautiful mighty rank 7 shini (ME 8D) is blue, all hollows of rank 7 and 6 that i can attack and get attack by are red dots o_o

no need to see the other shinis, i cant attack them anyway x'D
they can appear at soulsociety as red dots only,but not in kyoto >.<

or maybe this would be hard to implement o__o;
orosan
orosan
WoB Moderator
WoB Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezoroth Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:21 am

But that would completely contradict the idea of why I introduced this, see. The dots idea was introduced because of the fact that there was a suggestion for having your own personalized dot color. I thought "Pointless, unless you could see other peoples dot colors."

Which is why I introduced these ideas.
Ezoroth
Ezoroth
Student
Student

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lust Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:13 am

If anything she just made the dot thing more useful than intended. Just to personalize you own dot color is pointless, all of you went the extra mile and made it apply to PvP hunting, and with traveling and a idk when soon to be implemented (i hope) bounty hunting system this would be much more beneficial to us all.
ex.
Blue dot (you)
Red dot (enemy(that you can attack/be attacked by))
Yellow dot (enemy with bounty on their heaa)?

Just thought I'd voice my opinion in this
Lust
Lust
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Zak
Title: Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezoroth Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Very true, but it would destroy the point of having colorful dots all over the screen :3

Wait, MPvP + Bounty + Traveling dots =

Red enemies.
Blue allies.
Yellow/Orange bounty.
Green you.
Ezoroth
Ezoroth
Student
Student

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by orosan Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:27 pm

kyoto is gonna look like my boyfriends polka-dots underwear =D
orosan
orosan
WoB Moderator
WoB Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Azula Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Ezo, that's only asuming MPvP gets implemented. Or bounty.

But yeah, the whole idea of dots would mostly render useless the search area, except for to attack people.

Lemme just say that I disagree with this idea o.o
*flees back to WoB*
Azula
Azula
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Elise Van Andel
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezoroth Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Naomi, that's the point. Why is there a "Search Area" whenever they're in range because of the fact that realistically you should be able to see them WITHOUT looking around. This will also make hunting easier/harder due to people knowing when there prey/predator is around.

There can always just be green/red until other things are implemented.
Ezoroth
Ezoroth
Student
Student

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Azula Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:32 pm

It makes it a bit more challenging. That way you have to actually search the area, not just look at the map.
Azula
Azula
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Elise Van Andel
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arctic Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Okay, lemme come out of the hole on this....

Ezo, love the idea, really, but if we dont have the search area and it auto refreshes (like social) everytime someone in our range moves, comes in, leaves, ect, it could potentially lag that persons internet. So look at it like this, if you are trying to run from someone and you lag out, you die cause of the entire system. I only suggested colored dots for a more personalized feel of WoB...kinda like changing your desktops background or changing your cursor...

-flees back to hole- Staring
Arctic
Arctic
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Dusk
Title: Black Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content