World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

****Speed Guide For the Hollow Race*****(Outdated, but still fun to use :D!)

+5
Yukira_Fuyushi
oz_11
Lsmjudoka
Haruchi
Setoku
9 posters

Go down

****Speed Guide For the Hollow Race*****(Outdated, but still fun to use :D!) Empty ****Speed Guide For the Hollow Race*****(Outdated, but still fun to use :D!)

Post by Setoku Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Fun Fact: Five Years Old and Still in the TOP 5 most read guides current in here. Go Seto-Sama-Sempai-Kuuuuuuuuuun!

As a general rule of thumb, it's come to my attention that for every guide there is, there is an equally informative speed guide too match - Now, a speed guide can be used for many things, even as a guide itself, but I recommend you get the most out of my good Friend HollowIchigo's guide before you even think about using this one for reference.  The point of this guide is only to help those speed demons who are in a hurry to achieve rank for show, or just rank over-all before they start worrying about all their stats. As another rule of thumb I must you warn some of you - This is not a guide.  This will in now way inform you of every little detail of the game or what and who goes where in the game, just a few simple tricks one can use to help along their Journey to the coveted rank of Gillian as we know it.
*************************************************************************************

-The game has changed quite a bit from the time this guide was written, but it's core should still help you level quick as a hollow (Or Shinigami, whichever is your preference.)

-The Value's are incorrect, and do not reflect the final product anymore, but that's not important, but if you feel it is, drop me a line with the correct values of XP and such and I will correct them as I go.

-Now that I am back, I will be adding and improving this guide, it'll be a slow process but it will be done, I assure you!

-Back when this was written, it was before there was a Grid-Style map to fight like there is now; only one tip Good Ol' Seto-sama can offer you here: Strategy.

----------------------------To Begin, there is only one thing you must know----------------------

Hurray!  You reached level six and transformed into a hollow!  Lucky You! Now you can go to Kyoto and rip the Shinigami to shreds!!  The moment you've been waiting for since you logged onto this game! You will be able to pull out your all might ressurcc--- Wait, what?  A hollow just shoved some shards inside me?!  I can't kill Shinigami with shards!  ---  That's right!  But you can kill time with Shards! Your first journey into the Hollow Realm (Or Shinigami even) you are granted a week of the aura known as "Strong Aura."  This aura has many, many uses.  The best of these uses is collecting AP per minute.  For Strong, the most you collect per minute is One AP.  Why is this important, you ask? Shut up and listen, and old Setoku will spin you a tale!
*************************************************************************************
The key to this guide is AP.  There are four different Training Options available to one such as yourself, new Hollow, but only one of them is important.  The choices are - Training.  10 Minutes.  --- Active Training. 10 Minutes. --- 3 Hour Training.  --- Active 3 hour Training.  "So, obviously, Setoku, the most important one is the Active Three hour, right?"  Wrong little buddy!  Nice try though!  Active Three Hour Training may seem appealing, due to the fact it costs Half your AP, and takes Three hours, I mean, you'd figure, right?  But WoB is about one thing, Hands on.  And setting 3 hour training so you can go dance in the rain is not it, my friend.  The most Important Training for one to keep in mind is Active Training - 10 Minutes. While the cost is 5 AP for DB, the long run Value far exceeds the face value.

But, it is only worth (Roughly) 10 points toward a skill, how is that useful?!  Well, it's not, but the XP gain is the most important part here! While 3 Hour Training will award you with 2000 XP once all is said and done, well, guess what?  You just lost out on a couple hundred XP by taking that route.  Ask any Mod, or Admin if you deem this an untruth! "So Setoku, this doesn't answer why my Strong Aura is so important."  Ah, but it does! To use the benefits of Active 10 Minute Training, one needs AP, and the best ways to Gain AP are A) Sparring.  B) Chatting and C) Having an Aura.  If you're a player that loves all three of these things, then you my friend will be in luck!  

AP will not be a worry for you, even without an Aura.  But for Players like me, who have their ups, and downs, sometimes chat, sometimes don't, and never spar, this Aura can be our saving grace.  So the first thing to remember as a DB is simply this: Constantly spam train your Active 10 Minute Training.  To make sure you don't run out of AP for this, do not exchange it for Souls.  Items can just get in the way on your way to glory!  Or, if you must shop, then make sure you are one of those People who love doing A; B; And C; and spend your Money on only one move.  (Spirit if you Plan to be Spirit, Melee if you Plan to be Melee.  We'll get too this in a Second.)

A Major Tip for the Speed Guide and Speed Demon in us all:  Pick a Skill to Train!

You have a choice of two Skills in WoB!  And those Two Skills, should ONLY be kept Balanced by those who want to take their time.  My Suggestion? Pick a skill that best reflects you!  Are you the type who love being face first in battle?  Seeing the white in the eyes of the enemy before plunging a sword into the depths of their very skull?  Or are you the thinking type?  Like to fight at a range and come up with clever plans to kill your enemy?  For the ub3r Speed Demons, you can just pick Melee; I say this because as soon as you click "Train"  you are given a few choices to pick from, and Melee is already pre-selected! So you'll be in and out in no-time at all!

But, enough of me Blathering on!  Once you pick a skill to run with, STICK TO THAT SKILL!  ONLY TRAIN IN THAT SKILL!  AND NO OTHER! You will also need to select a single General Stat to train along the way.  Your choices are:  Strength - Endurance - Speed - Intelligence - Willpower.  The best choice is willpower and endurance.  Although I said stick with one, it's okay to grab two at times.  I say these two because they are your natural armor against the elements.  Endurance will protect you from AI Melee Attacks and Willpower from AI Spirit Attacks.  But beyond those two, and your Skill, the only thing you should be doing is training.

----But Setoku!  What do I do while the ticker counts down?! --  

Well, Luckily for you, Setoku can answer this question!  There's a multitude of things you can do with those free 10:00; Such as Read a Book!  Watch the entire collection of actual action sequences from the three twilight movies---  Oh wait, you meant in game?  Well, there is plenty to do in that long span of time pilgrim!  You can chat it up with Fellow Hollow or Shinigami in the Hollow Social and Mixed Social - This can help you pool some AP for your next few training sessions! But what you should focus on doing is challenging the AI.  On easy, what you'll have to start out with at first, a win only net's you 75 xp.  Or a Lucky net's you 125.  And an Uber Lucky net's you... 160, I believe.  Sure, it's relatively little XP, but it all adds up in the end! Also, doing battles to pass the time is a good way to give yourself Gen XP in short amounts.  So you won't end up level 16 with 250.00 across the board.  Smile  

--- Tips to remember as a Devouring Beast:
---Train Constant and save the 3 Hour For a Rainy Day
---Be sure to get to know your fellow Gamers by chatting it up and introducing yourselves.  (Not only can you make friends, but you net some sweet, sweet AP.  What a Deal!)
---Do not be so quick to exchange all your AP for Souls; Training and leveling up comes first!
---Fight the AI as you train one of your Skills or a Gen.
---And last but not least, Read HollowIchigo's guide for a full break down of What is and What isn't.

--You've become a Huge Hollow! Yay! Now it's time to own some Shinigami!--

Whoa!  Slow down there sailor, you still have plenty of training to do!  "But, Setoku, I'm allowed to travel!  I can go to Kyoto and take the first Shinigami head I see!"  Well, not with them stats you can't partner!  This is when the guide really comes in handy.  Hopefully, you did as instructed in the first half of this guide, and trained trained trained! Once you reach that epitome that is known as Huge Hollow, you'll notice a new option added to your feed options!  And that's the option to feed on fellow hollow!  (Not sure if you can see this as a Devouring Beast.  I myself didn't notice this nifty thing until I was a Huge Hollow.)

This option is by far the greatest time to have your speed demon shine!  Why, you ask?  Well, simple, Mathematically, it all adds up, and far more quicker than fighting an AI on easy ONCE before your training is done.  "But, why Setoku?"  Well, the answer is simple!  Say you make it too Huge Hollow, and you have a Stamina and Reiatsu pool of 720.00?  Okay, that means you can feed a full 7 times in a row once a training session ends! Each time you feed on hollow it gives you small points to your General Stats, and 65 XP.  Unless you get a Lucky and/or an Uber Lucky with that, then the XP is much higher, same for the Gen Stat gain!

---Tips to remember as a Huge Hollow!----
---Feed between every ten minute spurt.  You're going to have to fight the AI at first, until you accumulate at least 200 Kills, but after that, train and feed, my boy!
---Don't worry about the new items available at the Shop Just yet!  From the AI fights and the Feeding you'll be doing, you'll gain plenty of Money without having to trade in that precious AP for it.

You've done it!  After Four-Five days of rigorous, all night sessions!  You've achieved the Highest rank currently available!  Gillian!

Q: What do I do now, all mighty Speed Demon Guide writer who didn't really help me much?
A: Whatever you want, I got you to Gillian, the rest is up to you!  And what do you mean 'Didn't help you much?'  I just saw you in the Social begging for tips!

Q: Yeah, but real helpful tips!  You kinda screwed me in the Stats department, don't ya think?
A: Hey, I said quickest route, not safest.

-----------------------Extra friendly tips from WoB's resident Pimp-----------------------------

Once you first pick your race (Hollow, obviously, because everyone knows hollows are the best :D!) You are given a week of Strong Aura - Try and level as quickly as possible, and make it to gillian within' a week. You will be able to save up bank by exchanging AP for Money, thus you will be able to buy Gillian type moves. This is not impossible, as I made it to Gillian in under a week using this guide! (...Yes, I used this guide to Gillian before it was written. How you ask?  I got a head, you know :D!)

Is it really worth it to buy an Aura?  Yes, it is. Plus, it helps the Admin's of this game add updates and improvements. So remember: Support your WoB! Buy some Shards today!

Update Tip: Q: Should I buy Shards for 4 million a pop since most players are A-holes and always sell them at 4 million a piece instead of 3 mill? A: Yes and no. If you're a speed demon, then no. Don't waste your time, just pay the game for your Shards, that way you have Money to lean back on once you level to the next level to buy epic moves to be the best!

Anymore Tips?   Yes, after reading this guide, which butchered your young mind with all it's crazy skips and trips, perhaps you should pay a visit to HollowIchigo's guide (v2) also located in the Freelance section.  And after that, you will go to his Youtube Videos and you will watch them :D  They will help ya :D
Clicky >>>>  https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldOfBleachRPG <<<< Clicky  

Maybe at some point I will improve upon this guide once more stuff get's tweaked and improved upon.  Many thanks go to LSM for devising such a wonderful way to waste my time.  And Shira... for, well, being Shira.  I would also like to thank all the Mods, who put up with my annoying antics without banning me..... Yet.

Update Tip 2: Q: Should I buy a Re-Roll for a Legendary Ress?  A: No. Don't waste your shards. You could use said shards you wasted for Re-roll for Three Months of the new Godly Aura - Which is much more beneficial than Re-rolling. Why do I say this? Simple, a Ressurection (Or Zan) is only as good as the player. Even someone with a Petty Res can overcome someone with a Legendary Ress. No matter what you thing - And with the Grid-Map LSM implemented some time back, Strategy is more useful, thus your Ress is rendered more useless.

**********************The Most Asked Question on WoB*******************

Update Tip 3: Q: As a Speed Demon, once I achieve my Ress, would it be prudent to buy a Custom to add awesome abilities that help me to achieve greater levels?!  A: .....Are you an idiot? No, seriously ! The Custom Ress/Zan is just a legendary, you cannot make up moves with special abilities just for you. IE: "Every hit you land on AI with Sword Released, you gain 1,000 XP" - All a Custom is is a Legendary with Custom Names; For 200 Bucks you figured it'd be a little more than that... But of course not, you have to keep it fair. In my opinion, if you want to waste Shard's on something so useless as Custom Zan/Rass, Just re-name your Ress for 5 Shards into something you'd name it. It's what I did :D!

Update Tip/Question 4: Q: Setoku, the almighty speed god writer, why do you keep leaving without updating your speed guide?! A: Sorry, School and work get's really hectic sometimes, and I lose the money to pay for internet, but don't worry, if I'm gone for a time, I just got D/ced from my ISP! But I shall return!

Update Tip/Question 5: Q: Setoku, you suck and your guide sucks and you should feel bad. A: ....I see... v.v

Last edited by Setoku on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:18 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Working on updating the Guide to work with today's gamer on the go!)
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet
Name: Setoku Shinamori
Title: God-King\\Traitor of the Shinamori Clan\\Hollow God of Destruction
Race: Bount

Back to top Go down

****Speed Guide For the Hollow Race*****(Outdated, but still fun to use :D!) Empty WOW~!

Post by Setoku Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:51 am

I'm gonna be completely honest here - When I made this guide, I was running on like 3 hours of sleep over 2 days, there's some typos, and some inarticulate stat/xp gains. Also... Why hasn't no one commented on how bad it was? Careful WoB pals, or I might get arrogant and write ANOTHER guide O.O!!!
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

****Speed Guide For the Hollow Race*****(Outdated, but still fun to use :D!) Empty Re: ****Speed Guide For the Hollow Race*****(Outdated, but still fun to use :D!)

Post by Haruchi Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:08 am

... Love how humorous it is. xD
Haruchi
Haruchi
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Name: Bleh.
Title: Bleh'er.
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

****Speed Guide For the Hollow Race*****(Outdated, but still fun to use :D!) Empty Re: ****Speed Guide For the Hollow Race*****(Outdated, but still fun to use :D!)

Post by Lsmjudoka Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:54 am

My eyes glazed over after two paragraphs... O.O

However, it looks good. This could be transferred to general discussion?
Lsmjudoka
Lsmjudoka
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by oz_11 Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:59 am

i liked it...its how i trained before i reset
oz_11
oz_11
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukira_Fuyushi Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:20 am

What?
Lol, I got discouraged from reading the massive blocks of text.
But it's a good guide
Yukira_Fuyushi
Yukira_Fuyushi
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

Location : Here, There, Everywhere, In, Out, Up, Down All around, Overhead, Underneath, The universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Minineo Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:09 am

I stopped reading after i saw all that txt....try and condense it XD
Minineo
Minineo
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Lsmjudoka Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:49 am

Or at least divide up the paragraphs.
Lsmjudoka
Lsmjudoka
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Setoku Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Jeezus... After all these years, I finally did something with my guide! What you ask...? Epic Spelling Error Fixes... And OoooOooOoOoOo! Pretty Colors!!!!! AhHhHhHHHhhhHHhHhhHhh! And if this was posted in 2010.... Holy crap O.O! Five years old!!!
Setoku
Setoku
Head RP Moderator
Head RP Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximillion Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:48 pm

I would like to ask for some Vet insight into something about gameplay that has been troubling me.

I cannot do Arena Battles within the Squad Barracks, yet if I step outside of the barracks for even a couple of minutes, I'm sniped by one of my own Faction Members. I can't seem to stress enough the importance of me and my fellow Shinigami conserving our energy for Training and fighting Hollows, and a handful of people really don't seem to give two figs what their fellow Faction members say, nor do they seem to require consent before preying upon their friends and allies.

What suggestions might you offer for individuals looking to effectively steer clear of mindless hostiles who just thrash and bumble blithely around Soul Society, stomping their squadmates and fellow Shinigami, while we're all trying to simply train up (and Pool up) for the next Raid?

I have tried to ask the Staff in Mixed Chat this same question, and all I get back is silence from staff, and harassment from other players. I thought that maybe, with everything on the Forums being laid out, plain as day, would be my next recourse for finding this out.

So far, right before I'm Officially Warned or Social Banned, every post (save for the ones that can be taken out of context) either get deleted, or buried under waves and waves of Memes and Spam. For newcomers who aren't accustomed to having to fight tooth and nail for every tidbit of (legit) advice or guidance they can get, this might be a deal-breaker and cause them to quit WoB.

If we can find a way to actually flourish after Level 41, it might let us inexperienced players have something to look forward to during those times when entering Chat is just a bad idea.

Last edited by Maximillion on Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Elaboration (as usual), and formatting.)
Maximillion
Maximillion
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Maximillion VonMitternacht
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximillion Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:53 pm

Sorry, I just now noticed this was for the Hollow Race. I think most of this (switch a few terms around, "Student" instead of "Hollow", "Member" instead of "Devouring Beast", etc) is applicable to Shinigami too. 

Thanks in advance for any and all info and advice you can offer towards these ends. Smile
Maximillion
Maximillion
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Maximillion VonMitternacht
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by straywolf174 Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:18 pm

Maximillion wrote:I would like to ask for some Vet insight into something about gameplay that has been troubling me.

I cannot do Arena Battles within the Squad Barracks, yet if I step outside of the barracks for even a couple of minutes, I'm sniped by one of my own Faction Members. I can't seem to stress enough the importance of me and my fellow Shinigami conserving our energy for Training and fighting Hollows, and a handful of people really don't seem to give two figs what their fellow Faction members say, nor do they seem to require consent before preying upon their friends and allies.

What suggestions might you offer for individuals looking to effectively steer clear of mindless hostiles who just thrash and bumble blithely around Soul Society, stomping their squadmates and fellow Shinigami, while we're all trying to simply train up (and Pool up) for the next Raid?

I have tried to ask the Staff in Mixed Chat this same question, and all I get back is silence from staff, and harassment from other players. I thought that maybe, with everything on the Forums being laid out, plain as day, would be my next recourse for finding this out.

So far, right before I'm Officially Warned or Social Banned, every post (save for the ones that can be taken out of context) either get deleted, or buried under waves and waves of Memes and Spam. For newcomers who aren't accustomed to having to fight tooth and nail for every tidbit of (legit) advice or guidance they can get, this might be a deal-breaker and cause them to quit WoB.

If we can find a way to actually flourish after Level 41, it might let us inexperienced players have something to look forward to during those times when entering Chat is just a bad idea.

Hey Exodus. I think Setoku might have better advice than me, considering I slip in and out of WoB nowadays.
Back in the old days (2010) I would get out of barracks and quickly dash to an obscure part of the map. This would usually protect me from most of the members who'd prey on the weak. While it's not at all a fix or an assured get away, it at least gives you a good chance at clearing some AI and MAYBE missing the feisty patrollers.

It's always been a bit ironic to me that the Shinigami are more blood thirsty for their own kind than the Hollow...but outside of cool down timers, I'm not sure what else there is to protect you, so to speak. WoB has and always will be about the grind as much as it is about the team work. Problem is, the team part is usually forgotten or shoved under a rug in favor of points.

I suggest you just grin and bear it until you can beat them into next week - it's what us old dogs did, and to my knowledge, it's what the pups do now. Not much has changed in the regard. Bring up those stats in their low, get some good moves, and level as fast as possible. You'll be fine in a few weeks.
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Sara Shinamori
Title: Former Queen of Hueco Mundo // Former Cero Espada // Fallen Guardian of the Shinamori Clan // The stray wolf of the Desert
Race: Hollow

https://lucid-wanderlust.tumblr.com/page/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Seer Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Feeding was referred to as a viable option for gaining stats and EXP, but now (not sure about before) it costs an automatic 120 Stamina, 120 Spirit Power and 120 Health, whereas Arena Fighting (done right) costs maybe 25% of that. Also, the gains for Feeding/"Patrolling" (latter for Shinigami) are always about +5 all stats, even if that's a grain of sand in the endless desert that is your current Stats and stat goals. Easy AI, even at T2 (Hollow/Shinigami Tier 1), awards more than that, and consumes far less of your "pools" (Stamina, Spirit Power, and Health).

So...Feeding, is it a good option, when it consumes 2x-4x more Stamina/Spirit Power than an Arena Fight, and awards 33% or less in stats/exp? And you can only usually do it 4-6 times before being completely depleted, whereas Arena Fights? You can always alternate between Melee (costs Stamina) and Ranged (Spirit Power) attacks.

Maybe if you don't have time to do Arena Fights, since even getting scratch for gains is better than zero gains at all.
Seer
Seer
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down