World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrain Buff/Debuffs

3 posters

Go down

Terrain Buff/Debuffs Empty Terrain Buff/Debuffs

Post by Lacrimosa Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:59 am

Since there were mentions of obstacles on the PvP grid, I was wondering if it was possible to add terrain boosts as well. Preface: I have yet to find/read the thread about obstacles so I apologize if I’m being redundant.

Instead of a bare battle grid with nothing other than empty squares on it, obstacles and terrain icon/squares would be randomly generated and added to it at the beginning of each fight. Each type of obstacle and terrain will offer different buffs/debuffs to the player standing on its square and would require different amount of damage to be destroyed/altered. The goal of this is to add some randomness (spawn location and obstacle/terrain type) to battles without taking away from the tactical aspect of the battle grid. It would also add some variety to what players can do. Sort of inspired by Fire Emblem. Here are some suggestions:

Water:
[Moderately easy to destroy, but any weak-moderate attack will push the water to an adjacent square instead of "damaging" it]
• -1 Movement Square
• Increased damage by Lightning and Ice AoE
• Square becomes afflicted by Lightning/Ice AoE if it touches the AoE’s squares. (Conductivity)
• Decreased damage by Fire AoE
• Decreased range of Fire AoE
Forest:
[Moderate durability, but disappears along with Fire AoEs if it has been set on fire]
Edit: Serves as natural obstacle against attacks
• -1 Range to all types of attacks except Fire AoEs
• Reduced damage received
• Increased damage by Fire AoEs
• Square becomes afflicted by Fire AoE if it touches the AoE’s squares (Conductivity)
• Increased duration for Poison and Fire AoEs
Mountain:
[Durability of a capped AoE Barrier]
Edit: Serves as natural obstacle against attacks
• +1 Range to all types of attacks
• +1 Movement Square
Crevasse:
[Can't be destroyed. Spreads to adjacent squares if powerful attacks affect squares adjacent to it.]
• -1 Range
• -1 Width
• Reduced damage received from attacks that started on a square that isn't a crevasse
• Increased strength of Barrier AoE

Edit:
The density/amount of these terrain squares could also vary from one part of the map (KC/SS/HM) to another, so that where to start a fight in them would also be something that can affect battles. For instance, one square in KC could generate a grid filled with these terrain squares while an adjacent once could have little to none. Someone who is more skilled dealing with terrains would be better off fighting someone on a square that will generate a lot of squares. On the other hand, someone who prefers fighting in a plain field could try to attack them before they reach such a square.

Last edited by Lacrimosa on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more ideas/details.)
Lacrimosa
Lacrimosa
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Kōta Yamazaki
Title:
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Terrain Buff/Debuffs Empty Re: Terrain Buff/Debuffs

Post by Sieghart Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:38 am

this is an awesome idea =o it also has the same system as disgaea

Sieghart
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacrimosa Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:00 pm

Added some stuff.
Lacrimosa
Lacrimosa
Student
Student

Character sheet
Name: Kōta Yamazaki
Title:
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Lsmjudoka Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Whoa, some interesting ideas here. I'll note this down to consider when I'm adding the obstacles to dev server, dunno exactly how much of this I'll use but we'll see.
Lsmjudoka
Lsmjudoka
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum