World of Bleach - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removal of Increased regen and invading

+2
Saber
Dead_pool
6 posters

Go down

Removal of Increased regen and invading Empty Removal of Increased regen and invading

Post by Dead_pool Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:07 am

Removal increased Regen in invasion...this would allow bhing...if not removed please allow the invader to get a regen boost as well...I have noted that people run three tirns use barrier or something to stall and then run. You could say "they can only run do that two more times" in which I will say they can do that two more times and plus a set of running twice and doing a move...so I find that new rule redundant. People can say they are being Bhed but the rules state otherwise. Since the rules can't be changed so easily I suggest removing the issue that allows this to be done. when moving away increase their pool consumption by maybe 10-25% or remove the regen increase for the invaded.
Dead_pool
Dead_pool
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Dormammu
Title: Dread Lord
Race: Hollow

Back to top Go down

Removal of Increased regen and invading Empty Re: Removal of Increased regen and invading

Post by Saber Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:23 am

yes i agree with that since people like to run alot and use barrier, aor ,heal or DR which will be over 3 turns and that will consume the pools....if there isnt a regen boost during invasion they wont run like that and they will care more to end this battle .
Saber
Saber
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name: Saber
Title: Sabertooth

Back to top Go down

Removal of Increased regen and invading Empty Re: Removal of Increased regen and invading

Post by straywolf174 Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:49 pm

I have noticed this issue not only through screenshots from members, but in normal PvP in kyoto.
However, i like your suggestion Dorm, but instead of removing it, why not fix it as a global issue?

Don't get me wrong, i adore strategy and using movement to my advantage but not when the person crawls to the edge of the boardusing heals and such because they cant handle hitting back and using tactics against me.

Because of this, and battle holding in general, i propose something a bit harder to enforce, but it may be very useful.

The farther you are from the opponent, the more hp you are prone to lose if the opponent catches up with you. Granted it being a 0 percentage if your both within range based on rank and stats, but if its, say, Eleven sqaures away and obviously running, it could be Five percent, and each sqaure deducts by three more percentages or so depending on certain personalised penalties based on battle type, rank, stats, etc.

This way, strategy itself and gains from certain types of battlingis not lost, but it could force people to not even WANT to battle hold since it would eventually kill them anyway.

Regarding the Topic issue itself, this suggestion could be used for just invasions, or instead, you could always just use Dorm's suggestions too.
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Sara Shinamori
Title: Former Queen of Hueco Mundo // Former Cero Espada // Fallen Guardian of the Shinamori Clan // The stray wolf of the Desert

https://lucid-wanderlust.tumblr.com/page/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimmjow Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Okay when you invade you aren't supposed to get an advantage you are in the enemies territory so giving a regen to the race that invades doesn't even make sense. Second it's their right to use that strategy if they choose to. As long as they do not violate the rules there is nothing you can do. I personally don't like it but it really isn't very hard to counter that sort of stuff. I don't want to seem like a jerk but it just seems like you guys are mad that you aren't getting fast easy kills like you want so you feel the need to complain about it. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what it looks like to me.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Race: Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Manchu Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:05 pm

yeah how about. make it invasion once a day. the fact of invasion every 3hrs make it hard to train and progress farther in the game. that amount of unbalance in the game is unbelievable. so making it 1 once a day would be awesome..
Manchu
Manchu
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Aless Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:08 pm

I dont have problem whit this but whit race what invade lost time regen after broken baswhi dont auto regen
Aless
Aless
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Aless Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:10 pm

1 invasionper day be stupit for shinjs kill oher shinis and dont go in KC forthis we invade lot times and second point is lot shinish hold r6 it be dont hold it shinishbget some r7 and later r8
Aless
Aless
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by straywolf174 Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:08 am

Grimmjow wrote:Okay when you invade you aren't supposed to get an advantage you are in the enemies territory so giving a regen to the race that invades doesn't even make sense. Second it's their right to use that strategy if they choose to. As long as they do not violate the rules there is nothing you can do. I personally don't like it but it really isn't very hard to counter that sort of stuff. I don't want to seem like a jerk but it just seems like you guys are mad that you aren't getting fast easy kills like you want so you feel the need to complain about it. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what it looks like to me.

In regards to this, i personally love long battles. Like i said, i think highly of someone that uses strategy and gives me only thirty secconds to think of how to counter that.
However, if the person is CLEARLY running off to regen, then yes, it is breaking the rules and it does drag out the battle to unnessesary ammounts of time, to the point where it holds off the would-be winner from even winning much of anything in the first place.
That isn't strategy, it's being a brat who doesn't have the intellect to think passed "I'll punch you in the face and you can't catch me~".

That said, that is just my own opinion, but it is quite annoying.

As far as what manchu said, limited invasions would be cool, but i would vote for three or four times a day, only because certain members can only log on at certain times,you know?
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet
Title: Former Queen of Hueco Mundo // Former Cero Espada // Fallen Guardian of the Shinamori Clan // The stray wolf of the Desert

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimmjow Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:34 am

I don't agree with excessive running to prolong a battle but during invasions fighting someone and trying to keep them from a boss is considered strategy. You need to keep them from the boss as long as possible without violating the rules. It is strategy in a way.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead_pool Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Woah this blew up all of a sudden...and it's because of the running that is why I asked for it to be removed or curbed to some...or hurt the runner them selves. I don't care about getting a fast kill, I don't like having my time wasted in a battle that is meant to stall me...even staff are doing it now. they run for three turns at the last second, then attack...but they have increased regen while doing this...this is why we can't have nice things because of this reason, and I am not saying shini only do it...I don't figt hollows but I am sure some of them do as well.
Dead_pool
Dead_pool
Squad Member
Squad Member

Character sheet
Name: Dormammu
Title: Dread Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimmjow Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:14 pm

Doing what you said doesn't change the fact that it's a form of strategy Dorm. They are trying to keep you from amassing a large number of wins during invasion and keep you from the boss. The waiting till the last second thing is really annoying but that's why LSM lowered the timer between turns during pvp. The best thing to do is just avoid the players that do this to you. That's what I do during invasions.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by straywolf174 Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:57 pm

Grimmjow wrote:Doing what you said doesn't change the fact that it's a form of strategy Dorm. They are trying to keep you from amassing a large number of wins during invasion and keep you from the boss. The waiting till the last second thing is really annoying but that's why LSM lowered the timer between turns during pvp. The best thing to do is just avoid the players that do this to you. That's what I do during invasions.

Yes because this is perfect sense. Avoid the "strategist" using "strategy" because said "strategic tactics" ruin the PvP expeirience and waste another player's time, even with ACTUAL strategy used, it lasts to an extent to where you are tempted to snap the member's neck.

I am honestly apalled that Staff are so audacious to use this 'Cheat Factor' in order to gain an unfair edge. I will go with my original suggestion, and leave it at that. Still, of a player has a regen, why the hell use it to lose and spam invasion time, why not attempt to win and give another that same attempt? This is not a game of hide and seek or ring around the graveyards.

Stop. Screwing. With. The. Grid. Rules.

If you cannot have player etiqeutte, and Staff cannot see the horrid actions, what about applying a "Block PvP" option to keep all those that battle hold on a black list. This way, they cannot touch you, and on the chance players may ruin this, where i can see it happening now, then in certain situations like invasions or some such, when they or yourself are in battle, limit that players movement from exceeding a "runaway level" where if they move to the near edge of the board, or so far away you have to play Tag, then the battle is forfeited by them, and ended, giving both very small gains, or none at all. Keep in mind, that limit is only for those on the black list with invasion. Any thoughts?
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimmjow Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:12 am

Still sounds like people are just mad that they aren't getting quick easy kills. You say it's a cheat factor but is it cheating to use a strategy to help limit the other races gains during an invasion? The answer to this is no. So long as there is no violations to the rules I don't see any issue as to what is going on right now.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Human
Human

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by straywolf174 Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:56 am

Grimmjow wrote:Still sounds like people are just mad that they aren't getting quick easy kills. You say it's a cheat factor but is it cheating to use a strategy to help limit the other races gains during an invasion? The answer to this is no. So long as there is no violations to the rules I don't see any issue as to what is going on right now.

Before i put up my actual reply, let me say that i am not aiming for a debate or war over who is right. That can be done in pm's if needed.

On to my lengthy point; For starters, you keep mentioning "The rules" and while i understand said text is the 'Law of the land' so to speak, it isn't the only thing to think about.

Players are not AI. They have lives, and emotions. You claim in each post that "Players are mad" but do not give reason for us not to be slightly annoyed at said problem, other than mentioning the "Cheat Factor", which i am apparently giving it a title, is not against the rules.
Now, i am unsure how you treat people behind the screen, but not showing correct ettiqeutte anywhere is quite agitating, which in a way, i mentioned in a previous post...

Spoiler:

So, in a way, it is natural for any human to be agitated when trying to enjoy a fair game only to have another ruin it by cutting off enjoyability, and making a turn-based strategy grid Player versus Player battle into a simple game of tag. That is not why others joined, nor will it provide game playability and enjoyability in the long run.

I understand the want to keep said opponent from beating the boss, but why not organize an "after attack" team. So if you truly are not strong enough\too weakened that you cannot strategicly beat them using intelligence, ranges and\or move sets, as well as other commands such as zan\ress release and a wait command, then the other can tag team and finish the job. That would be acceptable, smart, and much more realistic than running around, wasting IRL and in-game time, and wasting another intelligent player's time trying to explain politely that a strategic turn-based pvp game is not an AI tag game or a survival battle holding match.

It's called respect twoards fellow players.

While rules have a place in game, some game features are more than just bunches of zero's and one's, and should be treated accordingly.

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

My suggestions are above, and with that educational lesson out of the way, i shall stop this replying session on my own.

Great subject Dorm, hope whatever happens, happens for the better of the game!
straywolf174
straywolf174
Senior Squad Member
Senior Squad Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down